Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Have you ever

Blog Entries
    thought using empty dog food bags as mailers? This thought occured to me to be able to recycle those things. They're very tough and I think it would work. Don't have anything that needs mailing right now, but will try it next tim. Anyone done this?

my dog and cat food bags smell horrible after emptying them, i would be afraid that what ever i put in it would come out smelling like the animal food. i don't know how you would get rid of that smell.

No, mostly because of the dog food smell. I'm kinda sensitive to smells, and that would send me over the edge if I received something that was "new" but had a lingering "what is that SMELL???" kinda smell...

I was on a website yesterday and they showed a tote made out of an empty dog food bag. EWW! My dog's food smells and I also don't want everyone to know he's on diet dog food LOL!!

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    This is so funny. You won't get anything from me with my nasty smelling cat food bags lolololol
    But I applaud you for thinking green!!!

If you did this, I would turn it inside out. That way the smell that is trapped on the inside, along with any residue from the food, wouldn't get on the contents of your package.

I would think it would stand up to the abuse of the USPS.

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by janRN
    I was on a website yesterday and they showed a tote made out of an empty dog food bag. EWW! My dog's food smells and I also don't want everyone to know he's on diet dog food LOL!!
    HAHAHAHA don't worry, nobody but the entire board will know your doggy is on a diet LOLOLOL :-D :-D

Patches don't look fat. I buy dog food in the 50lbs pound bags so unless I want to mail my dog I don't think I would use it.
    The smell I guess would be my concern. It would have to air out for a looooong time.
    However, it would be neat to make a tote with the Pedigree symbol on it. :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    I didn't notice any smell when I picked up the bag out of the yard for the 3rd time this am. My dog thinks its great fun to carry it around and make noise with it. Course, it could have something to do with this hot Arkansas sun.

You girls crack me up who smells their dog food bags after they are empty? I am picturing all of you sticking your noses into your dog food bag after its empty like somehow it didn't smell before when the food was in it??? Ha ha ha.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast