Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Have You Ever Used The Perfect Alignment Laser

Have You Ever Used The Perfect Alignment Laser

I have some quilt blocks that I would like to add embroidery designs in the center. I'm pretty good at centering but every once in a while I'm a little off kilter and that can ruin a block, as well as the entire look of a quilt. My favorite dealer has this laser on sale for the holidays and I was wondering if anyone has one, or has ever used one, and if it would be a worthwhile purchase.

http://www.amazon.com/Designs-in-Mac...entering+laser
    Chocolate is the Answer. Who cares what the question is.

Power Poster
    ​First time seeing it. I did see on a site a quilter's plumb line chalk marker. It is just like the carpenter's chalk line but comes with iron off chalk. I think it was a on a Pellon site? I though it would be awesome for squaring up quilts with. She had a video showing how to use it to mark crosshatching on a quilt top too. I didn't order it but I am hoping it will become available at my LQS.

an instructor for an embroidery class I took a while back had one and said it was a must have tool for continous design but I just never got around to getting one. It was nice to line up and use in her class and with it being on sale now might be a good time to get one. :-) thanks for link I think I need one more present

I've never heard of this before. I would like to know more about it. Does anybody use it? What do you think? Thanks for the tip.

I heard of it but have not tried it.

I bought one when they first came out. To me it is more trouble than it's worth.

Blog Entries
    My Janome came with a cloth setter which centres designs just fine.

Blog Entries
    Not sure what machine you have but even with this laser it would still depend on you centering the fabric right in the hoop. If I do that then I can use the centering lines on my hoop to mark where my center is on the fabric and then use those marks to center my machine. A lot cheaper and the same amount of work involved from what I see. I have never seen the laser so maybe I'm missing something that makes it a must have.
    Judy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
    ​First time seeing it. I did see on a site a quilter's plumb line chalk marker. It is just like the carpenter's chalk line but comes with iron off chalk. I think it was a on a Pellon site? I though it would be awesome for squaring up quilts with. She had a video showing how to use it to mark crosshatching on a quilt top too. I didn't order it but I am hoping it will become available at my LQS.
    I bought one of these at the Road to California quilt show and it is great. A very useful tool to have and so easy to use.

The Beautiful Willamette Valley In Oregon
    I have one and use it constantly. It is the best tool I have ever purchased for getting the embroidery design straight in the hoop. Well worth the money!
    Shirley
    "We shall pass this way on Earth but once; if there is any kindness we can show, or good act we can do, let us do it now, for we will never pass this way again." Stephen Grellet