Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Have you heard of - or used - Maywood Studio's "Shadowplay"?

Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)
    Blog Entries
    Just wondering if any of you have used Maywood Studio's "Shadowplay"? It's their version of a marble/blender.

If you have, how do you like it compared to Moda Marbles?

Blog Entries
    Your from my old neck of the woods. NY.. I am from Mexico NY. North of Syracuse. I moved to KY almost 5 years ago. Just wanted to say hi. Cindy

Blog Entries
    I like to have on hand a variety of blenders...so I buy many brands/types... So far there hasn't been a blender that I haven't liked :D:D:D

i like maywoods fabrics but have not had any of the shadowplay---not much help

In the middle of the forest, In The middle of North Carolina
    I love Maywood Studios. I am making a PP quilt top now with their Cottage Romance series

Yes, I love, love, love it. Got my first in a fat quarter set from Nancy's Notions and was thrilled when Keepsake started carrying it. I'm using it in a Grandmother's Flower Garden.

PS I can send you a few scraps if you'd like to see it in person. PM me if you'd like me to.

I love it. I am actually doing my second quilt using the Shadowplay flannel. It looks like suede. It is so soft and pretty. The first quilt was in blues,browns, and creams. The second quilt is in browns,golds, and greens. Since the first got rave reviews when I gave it @ a bridal shower, I decided to try another.

I find it to be comparable to the Moda marbles. I few pattern designers use it for their original works. I do not buy much of either.... I am still a fusions ( Kaufman) kinda gal... love them all .

I just used Shadowplay in something and I thought it was a Moda Marble when I first pulled it from the stash, so I would say they're comparable.

I discovered this line a few months back. I think I like it a bit better than Moda Marble (because of the more substantial feel of it)