Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Have you made a notebook of all the quilts you've made? >

Have you made a notebook of all the quilts you've made?

Have you made a notebook of all the quilts you've made?

Old 06-16-2014, 07:34 AM

I take pictures of each one I complete.. I may have missed some early ones. I like to watch and see how I've gotten better and braver at trying things.
Old 06-16-2014, 07:43 AM

This is a very nice idea. So far I just have a record by digital photographs, of the progress of each quilt, because I take lots of photos during the design process, to help with decisions. I should probably learn to back up my computer. I haven't organized these photos in a special folder, they just appear in my pictures folder according to date.

One thing I thought would be nice, would be to keep track of what audiobooks I listened to while making each quilt. I currently jot down a note about the day's progress in my daily calendar, and sometimes what book I have in progress, but I haven't done anything about organizing all this info into a notebook or computer folder.
Old 06-16-2014, 08:06 AM

I take a picture of each quilt once it is finished. This past Christmas I had all the quilts made from 2012 ( when I started quilting ) through December 2013 made into a nice hard cover book at Snapfish.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]479348[/ATTACH]
It let me add the text to each page and I put the month and year made, the name of the quilt, and who it was made for / given to.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]479349[/ATTACH]
I plan on having one made each year as a Christmas gift to myself ! It was not that expensive, and I love having a nice hard cover album that I can see all the quilts I made year by year.
Attached Thumbnails dscn3224.jpg   dscn3226.jpg  
Old 06-16-2014, 08:13 AM

Being a fairly new quilter, this never occurred to me, but it is a great idea! I may start one and see if I can keep it up.
Old 06-16-2014, 09:15 AM

You all are giving me such great ideas. I am really going to do this.... I think it is important to document how I spend my time. Maybe my daughter or one of the grand and great grand daughters might get inspired.

I checked out the Quilt Album site you mentioned, Quilty-Louise. I think I can make a template to fill in the information without paying the $29.95 and there are a couple more things I'll want to add.... but it certainly looks like a great program.

And, I love your book, slightly off quilter. What a fantastic idea. I want to put more details and swatches of fabric, etc. so a book like yours wouldn't quite fit the bill but...... fantastic idea. Love it.

Last edited by nanna-up-north; 06-16-2014 at 09:18 AM.
Old 06-16-2014, 01:31 PM

I've tried to keep a notebook of all my quilts, but I missed some that I gave away.
Old 06-16-2014, 01:57 PM

Every year (there have been going on 4 since I started quilting) I take three or four pictures of each of the quilts I have made (beginning a pile of fabric, one of it in progress, one of it on the bed and a picture of the back) a book at one of the online book making companies when they run a 30% to 50% off specials. I have also made a calendar (same story only when they are on sale) with one or two pictures on each of the months. I do have my camera handy and take pictures throughout the process of making each quilt. It is a digital camera and takes great little pictures. Also, made a book for my 9 year old granddaughter from Kansas after she stayed with me for three weeks and we made a quilt together. Also, I keep a couple of notes in a notebook each day of the progress of the current quilt. Sorry, use to be a teacher and used to keeping daily records so that has been very helpful for me.
Old 06-16-2014, 02:04 PM

I have a 3 ring binder with plastic sleeves, each quilt has 2 pages, one has all the info about the quilt, who I gave it to, price of everything, size,color..etc and one picture , The other page has 1-2 photos and fabric swatches and or a block from the quilt.
Old 06-16-2014, 03:04 PM

I am keeping records of the quilts I make similar to Ahof. I really love what you have done Tina. That is certainly something to keep in mind.
Old 06-16-2014, 04:48 PM

I take a picture and on the opposite page put a plain card with the info of when and why the quilt was made. Don't know that anybody will ever care about this except me but it's fun to look back sometimes. I make prayer quilts for a church that our group meets at. I include the name of the person the quilt went to if I hear who it was. (I do not attend this church)