Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Have you made quilted clothing?

Blog Entries

Have you made quilted clothing?

I am curious to know if anyone has made quilted clothing. It seems a natural thing - since many quilters I know have a background of garment sewing. I don't see many entries in quilt shows, even though there are categories for wearables and ensembles.

My daughter made this adorable (prize-winning) quilted vest from my stash to match a skirt. So cute!
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Great job! I had made a quilted jacket but finally wore it out. Guess I need to get busy

That's awesome and I love her pic among the flowers!!!! I have made a jacket many moons ago.....

i've made quilted jackets, vests, skirts, a coat & a full length corduroy quilted cape with a hood.
    hiding away in my stash where i'm warm, safe and happy

Blog Entries
    i've made a couple of quilted jackets and they are wonderful conversation starters.
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak THINK
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Senior Member Sarah in Brooklyn's Avatar
    That's adorable! What a pretty girl. I'd love pointers to nice quilted jackets. I had one - not handmade - that finally fell apart, I'd love to replace it with something I made myself.

Pretty! I also love to make quilted clothing and purses...wearable art. Have made numerous jackets. They are so much fun to wear.

I'm signed to take a quilted jacket class starting next week. Your daughter's quilted vest is darling. (And so is she.)

I've made 2 jackets one for me and one for my sis that I've posted on here. Used a white sweatshirt for the lining, but up per directions..sewed the blocks on trimed and sewed back together. Wasn't hard. Good luck.
    with a passion for quilting and vintage machines..Singers: 99, 4 featherweights, Redeye 66, Lotus 66, Phoenix 27, 15-91, 301A
    Colleen S.

I've made a couple of vests. One was made from the scraps of a quilt I was exhibiting at a local exhibit and I wore it to the opening when they asked me to speak about it to the group. What I said was that my grandmother was a professional seamstress who used dress scraps to make quilts. I made the vest from the scraps of a quilt. Also made a jacket, but rarely wear it except to quilty occasions. It's a little much for normal wear. Your daughter's vest is just beautiful, and so is she. You must be very proud.
    Oh, my favorite vest pattern is by Bethany Reynolds and it is nicely shaped using your bra cup size as the determining factor for the version you make. It really fits nicely and is not boxy like too many vests.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast