Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Have you made the quilted mug rugs?

Blog Entries
    Have you made the quilted mug rugs?

We have been talking about these in live chat at midnight. Yes some of us are chatting at midnight (Midnight Owl Club) come and join us sometime we talk about all kinds of things. It is fun to chat with quilters from all over the world in live chat. As you never know who will pop in to chat from quilting board quilters.

He-he-he.....I warn you we "Midnight Owl Club" members are a "wild and crazy" bunch!!!! We have SOOOOO much fun AND learn alot!!

Would love to see a picture. My sister makes potholders and gifts me with some several times a year, so I use those as coasters for both hot and cold drinks. The cotton absorbs the condensation of the cold drinks and the teflon fabric protects the surface from the hot cups. I use them as mini place mats for bowls, etc., too.

Quote Originally Posted by craftybear
    Have you made the quilted mug rugs?

We have been talking about these in live chat at midnight. Yes some of us are chatting at midnight (Midnight Owl Club) come and join us sometime we talk about all kinds of things. It is fun to chat with quilters from all over the world in live chat. As you never know who will pop in to chat from quilting board quilters.

Blog Entries
    Mug rugs are fun to make, it is a good way to practice new blocks too :D:D:D

Would love to know how to make them or a link to quilted mug rugs

Blog Entries
    I would love to see the mug rugs too, in our guild we exchange ungly fat quartters then we have to make a christmas prestant out of it........for our christmas exchange

Blog Entries
    I haven't found the directions yet on how to make them but here are lots of photos for all of you to enjoy

would be like a big coaster or a small placemat, so use your creative ideas

http://www.flickr.com/groups/1533394...th/4943723843/

Blog Entries
    If you know how to make the mug rug please let us know and we would appreciate you making a tutorial for us.

I have searched online (till I am blue in the face) and no free tutorial.

I know Craftybear can't find a link online! pout pout grrrrrrowling like a bear, ha ha

Mug rugs are what I am making for christmas gifts for all the ladies at work. They are very easy and lots of fun to make. they make up very quickly. I make mine 6' X 9' with 2 fat quarters I can get 4 using 1 for front and 1 for back. Also it is an easy way to practice different blocks

Blog Entries
    thanks for your help

Quote Originally Posted by pattilynn
    Mug rugs are what I am making for christmas gifts for all the ladies at work. They are very easy and lots of fun to make. they make up very quickly. I make mine 6' X 9' with 2 fat quarters I can get 4 using 1 for front and 1 for back. Also it is an easy way to practice different blocks

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast