Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Have you purchased the large fat quarter Fossil Fern fabric set (90 FQ) from Craftsy? >

Have you purchased the large fat quarter Fossil Fern fabric set (90 FQ) from Craftsy?

Have you purchased the large fat quarter Fossil Fern fabric set (90 FQ) from Craftsy?

Old 05-19-2014, 08:27 AM

I bought a fossil ferm charm pack from craftsy a good while back and made a christmas gift quilt for mydad with it. The colors are soo pretty and I loved it, but the cutting from teh manufacturer was slightly off square (like 1/8or 1/16 off) but I staggered one cream colored block and one FF block so I did figure it out... But with a FQ it wouldn't matter...
Old 05-19-2014, 09:07 AM

I checked my box of FQ from Craftsy and unfortunately, nothing is labeled and there is no insert listing the colors.
Old 05-19-2014, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by Cass62 View Post
I checked my box of FQ from Craftsy and unfortunately, nothing is labeled and there is no insert listing the colors.
Darn. That is disappointing. Thanks for checking.
Old 05-19-2014, 06:21 PM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

Maybe you will treasure your fossil fern collection even more when you hear that they have been designed by Pat Campbell since the late, late 1990s.

Pat was also the Jacobean applique lady, a dear friend in Texas. Pat died recently so there will be no new fossil ferns from her (unless the manufacturer made arrangements to continue on when she was ill.). She is sorely missed.

I have adored this collection from the beginning and cherish the pieces I have still in my stash; they had been my go to blenders for a long time.

Jan in VA
Old 05-20-2014, 03:32 AM

Yes haven't use any yet but they are beautiful.
Old 05-20-2014, 04:05 AM

The Fossil Fern collection is one of my all time favorites. They go with everything. When I struggle to find the right blender to go with batiks there is a Fossil fern fabric that works.
I always drool over the 90 fat 1/4 's. Have fun!
Old 05-20-2014, 06:20 AM

Perhaps if you ask them, they will send you a color list even if they don't normally include one.
Old 05-20-2014, 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by Jan in VA View Post
Maybe you will treasure your fossil fern collection even more when you hear that they have been designed by Pat Campbell since the late, late 1990s.

Pat was also the Jacobean applique lady, a dear friend in Texas. Pat died recently so there will be no new fossil ferns from her (unless the manufacturer made arrangements to continue on when she was ill.). She is sorely missed.

I have adored this collection from the beginning and cherish the pieces I have still in my stash; they had been my go to blenders for a long time.

Jan in VA
Oh no! Jan, I hadn't heard about Pat's passing. Was it a delayed effect of the problem she had earlier, which may have been a stroke or something similar? Do you have any details?

I have also been drooling over those fat quarters!

Thanks,
Cricket
Old 05-20-2014, 09:03 AM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

Originally Posted by cricket_iscute View Post
Oh no! Jan, I hadn't heard about Pat's passing. Was it a delayed effect of the problem she had earlier, which may have been a stroke or something similar? Do you have any details?

I have also been drooling over those fat quarters!

Thanks,
Cricket

I don't have details, no; but I do believe it was from her previous problems compounded by the early pancreatitis.

Jan in VA
Old 05-20-2014, 09:36 AM

Awww...look at her/his little tongue sticking out....how cute!!