Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Have you tried Bobbin Work?

Blog Entries

Have you tried Bobbin Work?

I searched for information on this technique just wondering exactly what it was. I do not think that I can explain it properly, but here are two links that I found exremelly helpful.

http://www.threadsmagazine.com/item/...for-the-needle

http://www.nancyziemantv.com/sewing-...tive-stitches/

So, I gave it a try. It really is fun. Plus, a great way to use various threads for embellishing, embroidery and even free motion quilting. Sorry that my photo is really poor quality, but thats what my camera provides. LOL. I only experimented a short time, before tracing a pattern and playing with various threads and my free motion foot. It really is fascinating how this technique and various threads create such different effects. I know I will continue to play around and hopefully use this in future quilts.

I would love to hear what your experiences have been and even see photos of projects! Thanks in advance for any and all comments and photos.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Brenda

The only time that I have used Bobbin work was when I was using a gold metallic thread on a tablecloth, it didn't fray or break.

I've read about it, but haven't actually sat down to do it. I like your examples. Very cool.
    I have chosen to be happy because it is good for my health - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by DebraK View Post
    I've read about it, but haven't actually sat down to do it. I like your examples. Very cool.
    Same here!! Your examples are great.

I bought an extra bobbin and threads to use for bobbin work; but never got around do actually doing it. You have inspired me. I am going to get that bobbin out and use it. I have a Christmas gift that needs bobbin work. Now, thanks to you, I'll get it made.

That's the coolest thing ever! I'd never heard of it. I have lots of unusual threads I've received and didn't know what to do with...now I know! Thanks for sharing this.