Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Have you used the Vinyl Coated Fabrics?

Blog Entries

Have you used the Vinyl Coated Fabrics?

I made the Mondo bag for baby tote (it is big enough to carry an actual baby LOL) and used the vinyl cotton fabric for the lining. It is very soft and I had no trouble sewing it. I will definitely buy more of it for totes, placemats and other projects. If you haven't seen a Mondo bag in person, you are in for a treat. It's great.
    Got fabric?

Blog Entries
    I have this kit from Quiltsmart but I haven't done it yet
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

Blog Entries
    I bought some iron-on vinyl (I know, what???? lol) from Joann's the other day to make my own. Haven't done it yet, tho.
    MzzzQuilts aka Ellen

Can you post a picture of your bag? Or, I guess maybe you have already given it away. It sounds nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Pam B View Post
    Can you post a picture of your bag? Or, I guess maybe you have already given it away. It sounds nice!
    Totally agree a pic would be wonderful!
    Linda

Blog Entries
    I didn't take a picture but I will when the mom opens the present. I bought a kit with the vinyl fabric lining for the bag at a quilt shop. She subbed baby prints for the Bali Pops.
    Got fabric?

Blog Entries
    Well. I paid $17 for the Mondo bag pattern which included the fusible grid. Don't bother to buy it. It's free on line. I have the bought pattern, it's the same as this one.:http://sentimentalstitches.net/wp-co...schlep-bag.pdf and here: http://blocksnswaps.blogspot.com/201...an-blocks.html

The Mondo uses smaller squares to make the outside design.
    Got fabric?

I used the matte finish iron on vinyl to cover a 6 ft dinosaur to go on my classroom wall. It was very easy to work with and the joints in the vinyl didn't show. The T-Rex had a big head and tail and I had to use several widths of the vinyl. It wipes clean with a damp cloth. When I was in college, I made a tailored vinyl raincoat with a hidden covered front placket to hide the buttons and buttonholes. I had tabs at the cuffs of the sleeves and patch pockets with flaps. The vinyl was in a navy patten leather look alligator print design and trimmed out with the white. It wore extremely well and didn't cost me very much.