Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Havin' a Pity Party...Come On In! >

Havin' a Pity Party...Come On In!

Havin' a Pity Party...Come On In!

Old 10-04-2010, 07:34 PM

Has it occurred to anyone that the quilt shops are laughing all the way to the bank???? They live for people like us to keep them in business. Not enough fabric in your kit? Well we just happen to have that same stuff for 13.00 a yard!!! Oh... you cut the pattern wrong, well that's okay, we have more for 15.00 a yard. LOL They love us!!!
Old 10-04-2010, 08:05 PM

I understand, {{{{hugs}}}} grab some chocolate. We've all been there in some way. Sometimes making the mistake forces us to figure out something different to reach our goal. And when it does our creative quotient rises! And as Bob Ross would say "we don't make mistakes we have happy accidents" - he may have been a bit too optomistic But it can lead to a solution that works out well or even better than what the kit maker thought. However it turns out hope tomorrow goes better. ;-)
Old 10-04-2010, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by trisha
Has it occurred to anyone that the quilt shops are laughing all the way to the bank???? They live for people like us to keep them in business. Not enough fabric in your kit? Well we just happen to have that same stuff for 13.00 a yard!!! Oh... you cut the pattern wrong, well that's okay, we have more for 15.00 a yard. LOL They love us!!!
It was practially $15 a yard with 2 shipping charges!
Old 10-04-2010, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by bjnicholson
Originally Posted by koko
The silver lining is that you could get more of the fabric. I made a mistake two years or more after I purchased a kit only to realize I couldn't find more of the fabric. It gave me an excuse to go to more quilt shops looking for it! I found other good stuff but not the fabric I needed. In the end I had to add a creative alternative! Good luck with your project.
Yikes! Oh no! That was my first reaction. Not being able to get more. I'm glad you were able to get something that worked. TG Hancock's still had it. I had to by a half yard when I only needed 4" but... So, I ordered that fabric, then had to call back and add to the order. Wouldn't you know it, the order was already in cutting and ready to shipped, so I had to pay another postage charge for half a yard of fabric...grrrrrr Just added insult to injury!
How frustrating today. As my mother used to say some days are diamonds and some are stones!!
Old 10-04-2010, 08:15 PM

The silver lining is that you could get more of the fabric. I made a mistake two years or more after I purchased a kit only to realize I couldn't find more of the fabric. It gave me an excuse to go to more quilt shops looking for it! I found other good stuff but not the fabric I needed. In the end I had to add a creative alternative! Good luck with your project.
Yikes! Oh no! That was my first reaction. Not being able to get more. I'm glad you were able to get something that worked. TG Hancock's still had it. I had to by a half yard when I only needed 4" but... So, I ordered that fabric, then had to call back and add to the order. Wouldn't you know it, the order was already in cutting and ready to shipped, so I had to pay another postage charge for half a yard of fabric...grrrrrr Just added insult to injury!
How frustrating today. As my mother used to say some days are diamonds and some are stones!!
Yeah! We always say, sometimes your the dog and sometimes your the fire plug.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:19 PM

Yeah! We always say, sometimes your the dog and sometimes your the fire plug.
How funny is that. LOL
Old 10-04-2010, 08:38 PM
Power Poster

I am ready for a diamond day...
Old 10-04-2010, 09:06 PM

and it sounds like you deserve a diamond day after all that you have gone through on this project. Can't wait to see a pix of it when it's finished
Old 10-04-2010, 09:42 PM
Power Poster

I'm sorry. Only a fellow quilter can really feel your pain and understand your funk. Been there - done that! Oh that finite piece of fabric that would yield the perfect and exact number of strips only to find that you cut one strip too (wide/narrow/crooked) yeah - been there.....

Don't fret. Just git'r done with the new bounty.
Old 10-05-2010, 03:57 AM

Originally Posted by madamekelly
Originally Posted by grann of 6
That's why I just have dogs. They at least pretend to listen. And they are always good for a kiss or two. A couple weeks ago I found a 1/2 yard of airplane fabric I thought I would use for a quilts for kids project. I measured and calculated that I had enough for the # of squares I needed, and cut away. Got to the last 4 inches and didn't have enough for another row. When I rechecked everything, I found I had laid the ruler on the wrong line and made the first row too big. I'll never find that fabric again because it has been in my stash for years. Oh, well, live and learn.
Publish picture. I may have it. Does it have a royal blue background? I've had mine for years also...
Here is a picture of my miscut fabric. It is Timeless Treasures, but that's all I have. And by the way for the pity party, I have to drink wine, because I get migraines from chocolate.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-96159.jpe