Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: having an ah ha moment

while doing weekly laundry today, it occured to me that I may have some free batting, I switched to the new "Purex" all in one sheets, and have a big pile of them now, has anyone used them for recycling?I do small applique on grand kids t shirts ,it would make great "puffy" flowers, cats, dogs ,etc. Has anyone used them yet?

Blog Entries
    I love those! I have a teen at home who has to do her own laundry and it eliminates all the mess of detergent or using too much. I have lots of those sheets and have tried to find uses for them. Mostly I use them for dusting cloths. I also have lots of the containers. Looks like small mailboxes to me.

Can't you use any fabric softener sheet for applique? If not, I've been saving them for nothing. :-(

Blog Entries
    Yes fabric softener sheets make great applique backing. These laundry sheets are like thin batting and certainly can stand up to laundering.

Oh Wonderful, I had to go get the two on the dryer before they got thrown away before I could comment. That is a fab idea. Thanks..... I learn something everyday on the board. I even like the shape of them...hum.....block pattern.

My cousin who is a long time quilter has used the dryer sheets in applique. She sews the applique piece, right side down, to the sheet, then turns it right side out and appliques it by hand, or by machine, or whatever technique she wants to use or is the easiest.
    Since I am a newbie to quilting, I have not done any, but I have saved many a sheet for this purpose.

THANK YOU ... I've always wanted something to use those for andd I'm starting to fall in love applique ...

Blog Entries
    Yea, I like them too. They are expensive but there is only me to wash for. I use the "used" ones in my underwear drawer! The dog and cats say I smell great! Trying to find a use for the box. Think I could stick it up somewhere to hold ??? Pencils? Note paper? Must be something!

Blog Entries
    One of my friends told me she uses used fabric softener sheets for paper piecing. She irons them onto freezer paper and prints designs of them and then doesn't have to remove them from the back of her blocks and they don't add much bulk.

Now if I could just find a use for all that lint that I pull out of the dryer daily I would be in business!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast