Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Having a grand ole time...

I am having a grand ole time....reorganizing my fabric. I have been dreading doing this, and I am enjoying it! I keep my stash on a book case, and I am regrouping it and refolding it. I am very pleased with my results, have found fabric I forgot I had (imagine that), and am surprised that I dreaded doing this.

True, I would rather be sewing, but I will be soon. I am about half done. I started off just incorporating the fabric I bought Thursday, but decided it was just time to fix the organization. If I don't like the way it ends up, I can always change it, right??

Blog Entries
    I have also started regrouping and refolding. Yall are a real inspiration.

Make sure to post pics of your outcome :thumbup: :D :D

Blog Entries
    Fondling fabric is always fun! My hanging sweater and shoe organizers in my closet are drooping terribly with the weight of all the fabric, they are too full. Need to de-stash soon, as alot of it I will probably not use now-tastes have changed or bought for quilts I don't want to make now! It's sort of like wanting to straighten just one cupboard, and you end up doing all of them!

Well, I do have to admit that if my stash looks organized, the rest of my sewing room won't...so I may have to organize even more stuff....

Blog Entries
    I have been going though my scraps...getting rid of the really small pieces and then I will recut the others, sew and make furture borders and scrap blocks. I Vow not to buy any more fabric till I clear out my closet...at least the scraps.

Yeah, I said I wouldn't buy any more fabric until....also. Didn't work so well, but I do like what I bought last...which was Thursday.

I was having fun today too folding my fabric and using those fabric boards. They look so good on my shelves. I only had a few I had ordered on line previously. Now I need more and can't wait to get them, I just ordered 2 sets from M.I.Late here on the quilting board.

I redo my fabric twice per year and it amazes me what I find!

Good for you! I am one that loves organizing, I probably like it just as much as quilting actually...my fabrics start to talk to me, and I am designing quilts as I organize!