Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Having lots of fun with the new machine! >

Having lots of fun with the new machine!

Having lots of fun with the new machine!

Old 06-21-2011, 07:07 PM

Well, "new to me" machine....last week, before family came in for a visit, I bought a used Bernette 650 embroidery machine for $200 from my Bernie dealer. OMG....I know my hubby and mom have been bugging me for years to buy one....why did I wait so long????

I had so much fun doing the few patterns I have done! I promised myself that I would NOT touch the machine until they were done with the visit, but, lo and behold, I just had to try it out when hubby took them out for a little sight-seeing trip.

So, when I put it away last night, I had to take it downstairs to the sewing room and hide it away from myself so I would visit and not just embroider! Out of sight, out of mind, right???? Not quite! They leave in the morning and you know the first thing I am gonna do.....
Old 06-21-2011, 07:46 PM

Ha! I know the feeling!! My hubby came home with an embroidery machine for me last week. He demanded that I try it out the first night (didn't have to twist my arm too much) and I did, then I packed it all up and put it into the spare room. Why he asked - wasn't I happy with it? Yes of course I am but I NEED to finish the quilt I'm working on and in the mean time I want to check out and download some designs.

Well .. that was last Wednesday. I lasted 6 days. I creeped into the back room and set it up in there and made something really quick (one of the new designs I downloaded). Next thing I knew he was dragging a chair in there to watch me :)

Have fun with your new machine!! I know I'm going to. I'm going to show off tonight's accomplishment at the Illinois Meet & Greet this Saturday.
Old 06-21-2011, 07:59 PM
Power Poster

Well????? where are the pics of what you have made :shock:

waiting**tap**tap*** LOL

I have the Brother Disney and love it - I let it do its thing while I sew on the other
Old 06-21-2011, 08:11 PM

Pictures would be good
Old 06-21-2011, 09:03 PM

Wanna see wanna see! Come on! I don't have one so have to live thru those who do!!!
Old 06-21-2011, 11:11 PM

Yes, please show us some of the designs you have done. I love to look thru magazines and catalogs at the embroidery designs.
Old 06-22-2011, 06:13 AM

Have fun with your Bernette 650 embroidery machine. I started out using a used Deco 500 to see if I would like to embroider. Before that I only owned 1 Bernina machine. Kept trading up until I had the 650. It is addictive so watch out.

mltquilt