Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hawaiian Fabric

Hawaiian Fabric

Does anyone know where to find some hawaiian fabric. I am looking for a colorful large print. I have looked quite a bit on the internet but can't find quite what I am looking for. Thought someone here might have an idea.
    Texas Sunshine, piney woods of NE Texas

TRY EQuilter.com...she carries a wide variety of pretty fabric.
    If you feel like you're special...it's 'cause you are!
    Momto5

Go to your Goodwill or 2nd hand store, and buy Hawaiian Shirts!!

Quote Originally Posted by momto5 View Post
    TRY EQuilter.com...she carries a wide variety of pretty fabric.
    Yes, that's where I'd suggest you look, too. They have so many different kinds of fabric your head will spin!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

You can try http://www.hawaiianfabric.com/
    I actually visited the shop when in Hawaii, but he does have good prices!
    psumom

Blog Entries
    I actually got some lovely hawaiian prints at WalMart!

i am in Honolulu right now. My favorite spot is Fabric Mart. they have great all cotton prints at 4.99 and Oriental prints from Japan at 7.49-13.95 a yard. I just bought 4 yards of the Japanese prints to take home. They are 100%cotton, a substantial weight with beautiful printing. I figure i'll use them for the windows in an Attic Windows print or something similar that allows me to cut them big enough to show off the fabric.
    FM has an online presence and the fabrics are great. The problem with most Aloha shirts on the mainland is that they are poly-cotton blend. FM also sells poly-cotton for 3.99 yard.

Quote Originally Posted by riutzelj View Post
    i am in Honolulu right now. My favorite spot is Fabric Mart. they have great all cotton prints at 4.99 and Oriental prints from Japan at 7.49-13.95 a yard. I just bought 4 yards of the Japanese prints to take home. They are 100%cotton, a substantial weight with beautiful printing. I figure i'll use them for the windows in an Attic Windows print or something similar that allows me to cut them big enough to show off the fabric.
    FM has an online presence and the fabrics are great. The problem with most Aloha shirts on the mainland is that they are poly-cotton blend. FM also sells poly-cotton for 3.99 yard.
    I have looked at this store on-line. Are these fabrics equal or better than most fabric stores (like JoAnn's or Hancock's or Hobby Lobby)? They do have some beautiful Hawaiian fabrics.
    Make it a scrappy happy day!

I second the vote for Fabric Mart in Honolulu - love that place! Check out the one in Kaneohe too if you have a chance riutzelj. I don't like the one in Aiea as much - too messy.

Quote Originally Posted by riutzelj View Post
    Shannon

I saw a beautiful piece in our Z-hills, FL Walmart when I was there. I didn't get it, though, and I'm thinking I should have as I want to do a Hawaiian themed quilt. I did pick up several Hawaiian shirts at thrift stores, however. But the material at Walmart was very, very pretty.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast