Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Hawaiian Quilts

Our guild had a speaker from Washington state who is an expert on Hawaiian quilting. She has a company that sells the patterns. Her quilts were amazing. Each one more beautiful than the next. Nancy Chong is her name. She is having a class tomorrow but its limited to a small group and I didnt get in. She said she would come back next year.Im looking forward to that.

I know who you are talking about. Her Hawaiian patterns are beautiful. Gosh, I lived in Hawaii over 20 years and never learned how to do those. (Working to hard, I guess!) Some day I'll applique at very least a pillow! :-)

She's a legend! Lucky!

If you go to her sight (pacific Rim Quilt Company) www.prqe.com you can buy Nancy Chong's dvd on how to make Hawaiian quilts and you get a sampler to work with. The cost is 35.00. And the dvd is 2.5 hours long and you get to go back and forth with the directionss. She did a great job with the dvd.

Blog Entries
    I love Hawaiian quilts! I have done only small pillow sized ones. She does beautiful work, and I like how she's added using fabric that is not solid.

Check out Leslee's quilt, it's beautiful.

I took a class under Nancy through Quilt University Great class.

Sounds interesting

Blog Entries
    I met her while she was in Honolulu several years ago. I bought her DVD and several patterns. I've since finished 4 of her wallhanging and have two more in varying stages of completion. I love her patterns and her DVD was fabulous. She and her sister, Jan, are great to work with when ordering from their site or answering my questions. My avatar is one of their patterns.

I also took one of her QuiltUniversity.com classes and am now hooked! she's a great teacher and designs fabulous patterns. Lucky you to get to meet her!