Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
He/She Dies With the Most Fabric Wins? >

He/She Dies With the Most Fabric Wins?

He/She Dies With the Most Fabric Wins?

Old 01-21-2011, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by Kimkankwilt
I saw somewhere that quilters are like hoarders..hmmm..
NEVER SAY THAT!!!!! THAT IS WHAT MY HUSBAND TELLS ME AND IT MAKES ME MAD! ! !
Old 01-21-2011, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by drgranny
That shouldn't make you mad....Maybe the fact that it makes you mad means there some truth to it.
Old 01-21-2011, 04:19 PM

well. I admit it, and if I should feel ashamed, I am not. "Free to Be, You and Me"
Old 01-21-2011, 04:33 PM

That shouldn't make you mad....Maybe the fact that it makes you mad means there some truth to it.
It makes me mad because he sometimes goes on and on about all my stash. He will not admit that if either of us is a horder it is him. Up untill my sister passed away I may have had 1/10 of the storage space in our place. When my sis passed away I got her apartment to turn into my sewing studio. My husband has all of our place filled with his tools, photo stuff, computers, tools he really has no use for(ex. a huge gillitine that is used for cutting blocks of paper or cardboard. It is really a dangerous tool. It weighs about a thousand pounds and could lop off your arm or whatever with no trouble whatsoever) He bought it cause it was a neet thing to have. If you loaded up all of his stuff to move it would take ten times the size truck as it would take to move mine. That is why it makes me mad. He sees the hoarders on tv and always says, that looks like your stuff. Well, it doesn't cause mine isn't even close to being like any of the hoarders he sees on tv. Can you tell it makes me mad? If I could just make him think of fabric as a tool he would have nothing to crab about!
Old 01-21-2011, 04:46 PM

It makes me mad because he sometimes goes on and on about all my stash. He will not admit that if either of us is a horder it is him. Up untill my sister passed away I may have had 1/10 of the storage space in our place. When my sis passed away I got her apartment to turn into my sewing studio. My husband has all of our place filled with his tools, photo stuff, computers, tools he really has no use for(ex. a huge gillitine that is used for cutting blocks of paper or cardboard. It is really a dangerous tool. It weighs about a thousand pounds and could lop off your arm or whatever with no trouble whatsoever) He bought it cause it was a neet thing to have. If you loaded up all of his stuff to move it would take ten times the size truck as it would take to move mine. That is why it makes me mad. He sees the hoarders on tv and always says, that looks like your stuff. Well, it doesn't cause mine isn't even close to being like any of the hoarders he sees on tv. Can you tell it makes me mad? If I could just make him think of fabric as a tool he would have nothing to crab about!
Maybe take a picture of his stuff and show him what it's like. Sometimes one has to take a step back and look at the big picture before one realizes the mess one is in.
Old 01-21-2011, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics
I think that he/she who dies with the most fabric... is still dead.

It's nice to have a bit of a stash. Adds color and purpose to a life.

But that much... is kind of sad. She didn't come close to using it up. I truly hope she got a great deal of pleasure from acquiring it.

I dunno... maybe it's just me, but the older I get the less desire I have to collect anything at all. I still like looking at pretty things, I just no longer feel the need to own it. Just looking is enough.

I wonder if I'm the only one?
I agree with you....way to much fabric there! I've only got a a few shelves of fabric and I'm not using it as fast as I'd like!
Old 05-02-2014, 06:35 PM

I'd love to find a sale like that - since we are on the subject, I wonder if the folks selling fabric to all of us daily wonder if we are actually making a project or adding to our stash!
Old 05-02-2014, 08:59 PM

WOW, I missed this one.