Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Head light, magnify >

Head light, magnify

Head light, magnify

Old 02-24-2014, 08:59 AM

Default Head light, magnify

I got these at Harbor Freight the other day and the head lights are great for anyone who does hand quilting or just threading a needle. The lights are on each side, the magnifier is about 2.5,- the flip down lens you have about a ( 5 ) and the small round one is for things like looking at the very small things like engravings on rings, or bugger bears on your needle, or what size your needle is.
I did some straight lines and the 2.5 was just like wearing my glasses, only with lights. The flip down magnifying lens brought made it almost too large for machine sewing, for me.
I always wear glasses when using the sewing machine, because one time a needle broke and a piece hit me just under the eye. I thought, boy you're lucky, it could have taken your eye out, well guess what, I just had a funny feeling I had better check, and see what it had done. Well, there was another small piece in the eye on the lower lid. Good thing I didn't rub my eye !
While I'm at it, I had a clip on lamp that I used for putting on make up. I sat down, reached up and turned the light on, it blew up and shattered glass everywhere. The glass only got on my clothes, but now I'll never face a light bulb when turning it on.
Attached Thumbnails headlight-magn-2.jpg   head-light-mag.jpg  
Old 02-24-2014, 09:45 AM

You will present a very intimidating figure in your mining head gear! I have a smaller version, yellow, that I got at HF, just haven't used it yet. Glad this one works!
Old 02-24-2014, 09:55 AM
Power Poster

I have not looked at a light when turning on or off for decades. Last time I did that (I was a teen) and got a piece on my lid. I have found out the best way to get anything out of the eye is to use an eye wash. If you have none you can splash water into your eye with water in your cupped hand. Works for me. Depending on what it is.
Old 02-24-2014, 09:59 AM

I forgot, it was 4.99.
Old 02-24-2014, 10:20 AM

Thanks for sharing this. I visit HF at least once a month and have never noticed one of these. Can you tell me where it is displayed in the store or the part number. Looks like something I'd try for $4.99. Thanks again.
Old 02-24-2014, 03:04 PM

I don't know where they are located in other stores, but in my HF they are on aisle 5. lol
Old 02-24-2014, 03:07 PM

Good hints!