Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Healing Quilt - how to go about making one

Hi,
    I have read about healing quilts here on the board.
    I work in a school, one student in particular I feel would benefit from making a healing quilt. Being able to quilt the negative of the students past and see the progress until the student can quilt the beauty of the personality that the student has that is in hiding.

Can anyone tell me the process. Whenever I read the post I just read them and did not bookmark them.

Thanks in advance.

Blog Entries
    Never heard of one. What is it?? Thanksl

Blog Entries
    never heard of it either

I just searched google and found this link on healing quilts

http://www.healingquiltsinmedicine.o...lt_gallery.htm

Healing Quilts
    Healing Quilts bring flowers, butterflies and birds to the bed or chair of a hospital-bound patient. Soft, gentle textures and soothing color provide tactile and visual pleasure for someone undergoing medical treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by KarenR
    Hi,
    I have read about healing quilts here on the board.
    I work in a school, one student in particular I feel would benefit from making a healing quilt. Being able to quilt the negative of the students past and see the progress until the student can quilt the beauty of the personality that the student has that is in hiding.

Can anyone tell me the process. Whenever I read the post I just read them and did not bookmark them.

Thanks in advance.

This reminds me of making quilts for comfort such as cancer or for people in nursing homes. I am going to put the back to a quilt for my elderly aunt. She is the last survivor on my fathers side.

Central Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Quote Originally Posted by countrycousin
    This reminds me of making quilts for comfort such as cancer or for people in nursing homes. I am going to put the back to a quilt for my elderly aunt. She is the last survivor on my fathers side.
    Unrelated to the above quilt issue, I just wanted to remind you that actually YOU are also a survivor on your father's side. :-)
    I understand what you meant though. It's sweet of you to do this for her.:-)

Jan in VA