Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Heat Set Crayon Blocks

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the sweet words of encouragement and thanks for the tips. I love the one from donnaalynett. I have the cheap paper.
    We would worry less about what others think of us if we realized how seldom they do.

MY deepest sympathy.

I'm glad you asked this question, this would be something I would like to do for some of the "grandmas" I know, so now I know how. So sorry for your loss and I pray that you and your family are remembering great times with your loved one, may God bless you.

Sorry for your loss

For the blocks I used to put an old tshirt on the ironing board and a page or two of folded newspaper and some paper toweling. Put the block crayon side down and another paper towel on top of the block. Iron with dry iron, hot heat and pressure. You may have to replace the toweling often during the process. Crayola or prang crayons will produce the best results. With little ones, I found that I had to make sure that their blocks were darkly colored so that they would produce a good result. Good luck with your project. When I did this for a elementary school teacher - she loved it!

Sylvia

You can heat set the blocks by putting several pieces of paper towel over the block and ironing it with a dry iron until all the excess crayon is picked up by the towel. It might take a couple of times to make sure there is no more bleed thru.
    i'm very sorry to hear about your Hubby.

i
    Kathy Osterby

Sorry for your loss. Hopefully spending time at your machine will help you heal.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2