Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Help!  Bailey's Home Quilter question >

Help! Bailey's Home Quilter question

Help! Bailey's Home Quilter question

Old 09-01-2010, 12:37 PM

no one said to hold your top thread till you take those first stiches
Old 09-02-2010, 09:16 AM

yeah I did (say hold the thread for a few stitches)
Old 09-02-2010, 09:40 AM

I am still having trouble. I have checked the threading to make sure its done as directed. I have double checked the bobbin casing it appears that its installed correctly, and that the bobbing thread is going in the correct direction. I tried hand turning the knob and moving the machine over the fabric and it appeared to be doing fine. Then I started using the speed regulator button and it appeared to be doing fine until the thread broke - URGH!!! So I re-threaded it and started again. I accidentally hit the button on the regulator when trying to pull up the bobbin thread - now the needle is stuck in the down position and I cannot turn the knob to get it up. It might be slightly bent at this point...
Old 09-02-2010, 09:49 AM

Maybe it's time you called chuck at the Bailey company, he was very helpful. Did you sew for about an hour without moving the machine like I suggested? I know it sounds nuts but seriously you need to try it. Or worked on mine and Chuck told me that seems to be the biggest issue, cause we are anxious to quilt right away.
Old 09-02-2010, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by trif
Maybe it's time you called chuck at the Bailey company, he was very helpful. Did you sew for about an hour without moving the machine like I suggested? I know it sounds nuts but seriously you need to try it. Or worked on mine and Chuck told me that seems to be the biggest issue, cause we are anxious to quilt right away.
I wish I could sew for that long at all... the most I get is 30 seconds. grrr!
Old 09-02-2010, 04:30 PM

When I got my Bailey I was having the same problem and Grrrr. Very frustrating. Tried all the suggestions given - still no luck. Then I actually looked carefully at my threading and I found it was not in the proper place as I went around the tension disc. I was threading it from the side as it was on the frame and I guess I didn't get it right. Anyhow, after figuring that out, it has worked like a dream since then. No problems, no broken threads ever. You will love this machine.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 04-22-2018 at 01:40 PM.
Old 09-03-2010, 06:19 AM

Cheryl, I forgot to mention that, it is sooo east to think you have it between the disc but it may actually be just in a crack! Kristen when you get it figured out you won't regret your purchase I promise. I went thru a lot getting the kinks out and just getting to know BabyGirl Bailey, I told my husband one time if I could get it to the window I'd chunk the damn thing out(two story house)! but now I ove her. :)
Old 09-04-2010, 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by cheryl222
When I got my Bailey I was having the same problem and Grrrr. Very frustrating. Tried all the suggestions given - still no luck. Then I actually looked carefully at my threading and I found it was not in the proper place as I went around the tension disc. I was threading it from the side as it was on the frame and I guess I didn't get it right. Anyhow, after figuring that out, it has worked like a dream since then. No problems, no broken threads ever. You will love this machine.
Could you take a picture of that area and post it here? I want to make sure I am not doing the same thing. thank you. I am sure I will eventually be really happy with her its just frustrating right now. I wish the instructions had better pictures along with the directions and labeled pictures of the pieces so I could verify what is what.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 04-22-2018 at 01:40 PM.
Old 09-04-2010, 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by kristen0112
When I got my Bailey I was having the same problem and Grrrrr. Very frustrating. Tried all the suggestions given - still no luck. Then I actually looked carefully at my threading and I found it was not in the proper place as I went around the tension disc. I was threading it from the side as it was on the frame and I guess I didn't get it right. Anyhow, after figuring that out, it has worked like a dream since then. No problems, no broken threads ever. You will love this machine.
Could you take a picture of that area and post it here? I want to make sure I am not doing the same thing. thank you. I am sure I will eventually be really happy with her its just frustrating right now. I wish the instructions had better pictures along with the directions and labeled pictures of the pieces so I could verify what is what.

Hi Kristen.

I tried to take a picture but don't know if you can see what it is. Stand on a stool so you can look from the top. I used a stileto to try to point to the place. If you look down you see springs toward the back and the thread discs in the front. Make sure your threads are not in the springs. That was causing my problems.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-110733.jpe  

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 04-22-2018 at 01:41 PM.
Old 09-04-2010, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by kristen0112

Hi Kristen.

I tried to take a picture but don't know if you can see what it is. Stand on a stool so you can look from the top. I used a stileto to try to point to the place. If you look down you see springs toward the back and the thread discs in the front. Make sure your threads are not in the springs. That was causing my problems.
THANK YOU! I will have to check that. I looked at that and wasn't sure where it was supposed to be lining up.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 04-22-2018 at 01:41 PM.