Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Help with Bernina Artista 180 Machine - Light has gone out >

Help with Bernina Artista 180 Machine - Light has gone out

Help with Bernina Artista 180 Machine - Light has gone out

Old 05-30-2015, 06:13 PM

Default Help with Bernina Artista 180 Machine - Light has gone out

Has anyone had a problem with the sewing light and the computer screen blacking out on the Artista 180? It still sews and the buttons work because I can put needle down, increase stitch length, etc. I talked with a repairman and he said it might be a fuse or it could be the whole mother board.
Old 05-30-2015, 06:48 PM

Oh, ouch! My Artista hasn't had this problem...fingers crossed I never have this problem. They are great machines and are no longer made, so regardless of what the problem is, I think it would be most cost-effective to have it repaired.
Old 05-30-2015, 07:10 PM

I"ve never had that problem with Artista and hope I don't. I agree with Farm Quilter, fixing it would probably be the solution for me.
Old 05-31-2015, 04:25 AM
Power Poster

I agree, you need to take it in for service. My board light goes off when my Bernina is on but haven't sewn for a while so it tries to conserve energy. Good luck. Hope it is not the board.
Old 05-31-2015, 06:12 AM
Power Poster

I would think if the light and screen went out it would be a fuse. I don't think the light is connected to the mother board.
Old 05-31-2015, 04:38 PM

I spoke to my son last night ( Bernina Technician) he said the mother board is gone on your machine , here in Australia it would cost about $300 dollars to have it fixed , in his work shop they have a few of these machines they use for parts , ( they always offer this to the customer if they unable to get new parts) it will keep your machine going for a few more years , but it needs the Technician to look at it . Cathy
Old 05-31-2015, 05:16 PM

Thank you for the information. I am looking for a Bernina Tech in the Dallas area. So far my Google search hasn't turned up anything. I sure hate to purchase another Bernina because of repair issues but hate to not be able to use all the feet I have accumulated over the years. Our local quilt shop has quit carrying Bernina because they could not be repaired locally and are now selling Janome. It's a bummer for me because I have enjoyed it so much.