Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Help Best Longarm threads?

HI,
    Can you all tell me What the best type/brands of threads you use on your Machine Quilt frames? Also do you like 100% cotton or a blend? I will be using a Viking mega quilter (9inch) with a B-line studio frame. I want to buy some to have on hand. Thanks for any help. 8-) Lori K. icon17 PS any Ideas on good prices too.

connecting threads has a new machine quilters thread that i find to be wonderful! i used to struggle with every quilt finding a thread that worked well--not any more, now i buy all my thread from connecting threads and for the past 6 months have been a very happy quilter!

Thank you so much 8-)

I use Superior Threads: King Tut and Bottom Line. Very little lint and no thread breakage.

Quote Originally Posted by ckcowl
    connecting threads has a new machine quilters thread that i find to be wonderful! i used to struggle with every quilt finding a thread that worked well--not any more, now i buy all my thread from connecting threads and for the past 6 months have been a very happy quilter!
    Hi, I just checked them out and the price is great! Can you tell me what one you mean? 100% cotton or other they have so many! 8-)

Thank you all for your help with the threads now Will have to see if I can do it Justice:)

I use Signature from kmq.com, their prices are good and their service is great. The Signature thread I use is the cotton cones but I am also going to try the Essential Pro for machine quilting from Connecting Threads,

I mostly use Glide from bobbincentral.com (I think you have to have a minimum $30 order), but I've also used So-Fine; embroidery thread from metroemb.com; and Isacord, which I can get at an LQS.

i feel so crazy i thought you meant thread like online chat thing. :oops: :oops: :oops:

I use Superior Threads, BottomLine and SoFine. I stock up in June at the NQA Show in Columbus, Ohio. I piece with Masterpiece also Superior.