Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Help with cutting mat

Help with cutting mat

I have a very large cutting mat...too big to put in the bath tub like I have seen posted on the board. My problem is I placed a hot cup of coffee on the mat and left for a while. When I returned I have a bubble on the edge of the mat. Any suggestions on how I get the bubble out and get it to lay flat. Any help would be wonderful...thanks.

I had a bubble on my mat and laid it out on our walk leading up to the front door. It was hot as blazes (108 degrees Fahrenheit), so i left it out there for about 45 minutes it was laying as flat as the day I got it.

So if you're having the kind of heat we're having here in Ohio, just leave it outside on a completely flat surface, like the concrete walkway.

Quote Originally Posted by jeemmerling621 View Post
    I had a bubble on my mat and laid it out on our walk leading up to the front door. It was hot as blazes (108 degrees Fahrenheit), so i left it out there for about 45 minutes it was laying as flat as the day I got it.

So if you're having the kind of heat we're having here in Ohio, just leave it outside on a completely flat surface, like the concrete walkway.

Mine is warped to no end------------with temps over 100 today and tomorrow, my mat i headed for the concrete landing below the stairs.

THANKS!
    Bad Spellers of the World
    U N T I E

Putting it flat in the trunk of the car in this heat also works.

Make sure when you put it on a sidewalk, that you sweep any tiny rocks/pebbles, even large grains of sand or dirt, out of the way or you will have tiny bumps in the mat. That is hard to cut on. Trust me, I know.

Blog Entries
    And warn your family what you are doing so that they don't think you're off your rocker!
    Sue