Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Help with design

Hi!
    As I posted earlier, I am working on a bargello. I have 20 3 1/2 inch strips sewn together, and I have 3 identical sets of them. I am currently cutting them in widths varying from 1 inch to 2 1/2 inches(all sizes unfinished) I started to sew them together, and it is not making a Bargello, it is just making a different pattern. I realized that I was doing it wrong, and am going to start over. Any ideas for a pattern I could create? I really like the wave ones, but I think I did too many fabrics - I did something wrong at least!

I have a picture of half of my strips, and you can see some of the ones I cut out underneath it. I also have a picture of what I started to do, before I realized what I was doing.

Any help would be appreciated, as I am very confused!!
    Emily
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Pam
    You have them too close to each other, kind of spread it apart. Does that make sense?

Blog Entries
    Pretty fabrics :D:D:D
    I don't think you have staggered/off set each row enough. They should form a diagonal, so if you match the seams while you are off setting them, you should be fine :D:D:D

Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Go to

http://www.quilterstv.com/

and watch the Bargello with Billie Lauder video.

Remember to move the strips only a half step each time otherwise it doesn't quite bargello.

Also remember the more narrow the strip the more dramatic the movement.

it will be wonderful when you rip and redue. which wouldn't be too hard. I do it all the time. post a finished pic of the quilt.

Quote Originally Posted by quiltingbee12
    Hi!
    As I posted earlier, I am working on a bargello. I have 20 3 1/2 inch strips sewn together, and I have 3 identical sets of them. I am currently cutting them in widths varying from 1 inch to 2 1/2 inches(all sizes unfinished) I started to sew them together, and it is not making a Bargello, it is just making a different pattern. I realized that I was doing it wrong, and am going to start over. Any ideas for a pattern I could create? I really like the wave ones, but I think I did too many fabrics - I did something wrong at least!

I have a picture of half of my strips, and you can see some of the ones I cut out underneath it. I also have a picture of what I started to do, before I realized what I was doing.

Any help would be appreciated, as I am very confused!!
    Emily
    Not to rub it in _:shock:_ but are you the one I tried to warn that it's not as easy as they say? Sorry you got confused but you're making me feel a whole lot better! _ :| _

Pardon me, it's late in my day and I get bratty!

Thank you all! I'll be sure to post pictures when it's done!