Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Help! Disappearing 4 patch

Blog Entries
    Ok, so I've used the search, read all the posts on the 4 patch topic, even printed the tutorial out. Obviously my brain is nothing more than empty air. I had a lot of 3" strips, so I sewed two strips together. Pressed open and now I have 5.5 inches. Now it is time to make the next cut. I need to cut all these 5.5 strips and join with a another 2 strip 5.5(once it is cut) and sewn onto the first 2 block to get my 4 patch. So, the money question is: do I cut these 2 strip units at 5.5? I should know this and for the life of me can't understand why I can't figure this out!! Thanks, I love this board.
    Tulip

If I understand what you're saying, you need to cut them at 3". When you join two of them you will have 5.5" in both directions.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dunster
    If I understand what you're saying, you need to cut them at 3". When you join two of them you will have 5.5" in both directions.
    Thank you dunster for your quick reply! Yep, that makes perfect sense, was thinking about my post while I was pouring myself a cup of coffee. And the thought came to me that I couldn't cut the 2 strip sections 5.5 but then no other thoughts rolling around... thanks again dunster, your the best!
    Tulip