Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Help-doubting myself re border

Blog Entries

Help-doubting myself re border

A few days ago I asked for help re crosshatching so here I am again. I have lines at a 45 deg angle on the bottom half of the My Tweets border and was going to do a small stipple on the outside half - now I'm not so sure. Maybe I should just ago ahead and outline stitch...what do you think? I have worked on this so long I really want to do a good job. Thanks, Pollyv9
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries
    I think crosshatching looks great, that is a very pretty boarder.
    Jessie

I think you would have liked it better if you had outlined the applique first. The quarter inch or so of unstitched space would accent the absolutely beautiful applique more. I really like the idea of two types of quilting; one on each side of the applique.
    Last edited by TanyaL; 01-26-2012 at 06:10 AM.

Blog Entries
    it wouldn't be wrong to do it that way. but i like the crosshatching you've done so far. i'd continue that.
    Nancy in western NY

Power Poster
    Is it hand quilting or machine? I can't imagine doing a small stipple by hand. If it's machine and you are good with straight lines then I think I would continue with the cross hatching. I do have one word of caution and that is crosshatching can be difficult over long distances to keep straight. If you are going to match the angle of the crosshatching to another border, I would lay several loooong pieces of painter's tape to check the measurements.... BUT it is your quilt and it's going to be lovely whatever you decide to do!

wow that is pretty . you did great work.