Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
help with egg money quilts "wedding ring" please >

help with egg money quilts "wedding ring" please

help with egg money quilts "wedding ring" please

Old 12-29-2009, 02:13 PM
Power Poster

Has anyone made the double wedding ring quilt from Elenor Burns' book, egg money quilts?

If so, can you recommend how much fabric to buy for each color for a queen size? I can't figure the yardage out.

Thank you so much!
Old 12-29-2009, 03:12 PM

Are you using this book for a particular reason?
Old 12-29-2009, 03:54 PM

I have that book, and looked at the pattern and she doesn't give the yardage for the DWR quilt. Instead the directions are to contact Quiltsmart for yardage & instructions.

www.quiltsmart.com

I looked on the website and I think you may have to email them for the info you need.
Old 12-29-2009, 05:36 PM
Power Poster

Yes, When I bought it I thought the instructions for a quilt were in it. But... they aren't, just the block is all. Had I looked closer, I would not have bought it!
Old 12-29-2009, 05:36 PM
Power Poster

Thanks Wanda.
Old 12-30-2009, 02:25 AM

Me either, don't understand putting a pattern in a book & then tell you to go elsewhere to get directions & yardage etc. And I have always loved her books, therefore didn't examine this one close enough.
Old 01-03-2010, 01:49 PM
Power Poster

That really doesn't seem right. It's very misleading.
Old 01-03-2010, 05:12 PM
Power Poster

Sure is! I figured it out tho!
Old 01-04-2010, 06:28 AM

sewmsewer2, how did you figure it out? Would love to know please, then I can write it in the pattern I have also. I tried to go on that site she says to go to and couldn't find any information. Did you go to that site?

Have you made any of the other quilts in that book? I haven't as, I've been busy making a lap quilt from the QuiltTrip Quilts. I love those quilts, haven't tried the Quick Quarter Quilts, just the Trip around the World, which is so easy and turns out to look so hard....Wanda
Old 01-04-2010, 02:33 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Wanda_GA
sewmsewer2, how did you figure it out? Would love to know please, then I can write it in the pattern I have also. I tried to go on that site she says to go to and couldn't find any information. Did you go to that site?

Have you made any of the other quilts in that book? I haven't as, I've been busy making a lap quilt from the QuiltTrip Quilts. I love those quilts, haven't tried the Quick Quarter Quilts, just the Trip around the World, which is so easy and turns out to look so hard....Wanda
Wanda, I made the wreath a page or two before the wedding ring page.

What I did was enlarge the template for the fusible by 1/4 inch. After I sewed the fabrics together using the template in the back of the book, I used the enlarged template for the fusible and traced it on the fusible. Then you sew on the line you just traced and trim to 1/8 inch. (I tried it the size of the template in the back of the book and it looked too narrow and whimpy is why I enlarged it.)

I bought 2 yards of each 6 fabrics, but I only really needed about 1 yard. Then because I am making 5 rows across and 6 down I got 7 yards of background fabric and that is including the scalloped border in that yardage. I'll post pics in a day or two.

I'm actually making 2 at the same time.

Hope this helps!