Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Help figuring out how something was done on a quilt

[quote=MadQuilter
    The hole also depends on how much large you cut the circle.[/quote]
    Yes, the larger the circle the larger the whole. Also how far from the turndown edge you do the running sticth to gather it up and how tightly you pulled the thread.

It looks to me that it is large yoyo's sewn on a backing. Maybe someone elso has a different take on it. GOOD LUCK!!!!

It looks to me that it is large yoyo's sewn on a backing. Maybe someone elso has a different take on it. GOOD LUCK!!!!

I just saw a similar quilt like this somewhere this past week. The yo-yos were open and laid side by side, and there was machine stitching right through the opening all the way down the rows. (Hope this makes sense.) I can't remember where I saw this......anyway.

Blog Entries
    It's a very different yo yo quilt. I like it a lot. I would make the yo yo but before gathering it up I would sew the back of the yo yo on to the background fabric and then pull the sting to gather it up. That way you won't see the stitching at all and the yo yo will be secure.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    It looks to me like they are just pulled really, really tight so that the center hole is almost completely closed.

the yo-yos look like a variety of different sizes, too. that would give it an interesting visual effect.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2