Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Help To Find the Right Pattern

I bought some Southwestern fabric out in Arizona and California. I need a pattern that will show off the material. I don't want to cut it into small pieces that will take away from it. Any suggestions about patterns that will work? Thanks

Blog Entries
    Can you post a pic of the fabric?

Blog Entries
    I nice simple 12 inch block may work. or a 10 min block using 10 inch blocks

Yes - I'll pull it together. Some of it is really nice. I'll do that tomorrow and see if I have the sense to post the picture(s) for perusal. Thanks

Big blocks is along the lines I am thinking. It would break my heart to cut it up small and not be able to tell what you're seeing. Thanks

I like the Pizazz Nine Patch patterns. They have big panels and blocks and then 9-patch blocks using the big block stuff, super cool. Have seen Asian fabrics used this way.

Is the Pizazz Nine Patch pattern easy to find? Is there a certain place/book that has it? Thanks

Blog Entries
    You might try the BQ pattern from Maple Island Quilts. They have a lot of patterns with large blocks for focus fabrics.

http://www.mapleislandquilts.com/quiltpatterns.asp

Quote Originally Posted by hunters grammy
    Is the Pizazz Nine Patch pattern easy to find? Is there a certain place/book that has it? Thanks
    There's a book called 9 patch pizazz. It is super easy to do,and also very quick. I've done 3 this way, with dolphins, panda's and a Mary Englebright? panel. /have also seen it done with the flower fairies smaller panels, and several with asian fabrics. Hmmm must make another now that I 'm thinkin of it.Thanks for the reminder.

Someone asked me to put pictures of my Southwestern material that I have - I am asking about pattern options that won't cut up my material so small that you can't even tell what it is ...so, with that said, I am going to try to post my pictures according to the Board's directions - so hopefully this will work. I have tried to include 4 pictures - If not there, I'll try again. This is new to me..... Thanks to those of you that responded to my question and I appreciate any suggestions you have after seeing the pictures (if they are attached).

Fat Quarters
    Name:  Attachment-134773.jpe
Views: 31
Size:  55.6 KB

Sizes from 1 yd to 3/4 yds
    Name:  Attachment-134774.jpe
Views: 27
Size:  61.0 KB

More Fat Quarters
    Name:  Attachment-135331.jpe
Views: 37
Size:  62.9 KB