Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Help Finding Fabric

Blog Entries

Help Finding Fabric

Hi everyone, I'm a new quilter. I stated the first of August 2012 when a friend dragged me, kicking and screaming, to a quilting get together with her friends. The gals stopped getting together so I'm trying to teach myself. I have the quilting bug and I love it. I will try to post pictures of the five quilts I've made so far but for now I have a question. I'm making my 42 year old single son a black, white and grey quilt (those colors are his request) but I'm stuck for a backing. I wanted a flannel and my other son said I should get some raider material because his brother is a die-hard Raider fan. Does anyone know where I can get Raider flannel fabric. I've looked at Joann's and couple of sites online but can't seem to find it. Sorry for this long post but glad to be part of the group.

Blog Entries
    I found it online in cotton and in fleece, but not in flannel.

Blog Entries
    thank you Prism99, I will look online..I may just have to settle for cotton, I really don't want fleece.

Licensed sports fabric has pretty much disappeared. You may find scraps on ebay of cotton fabric. The main thing you'll find is fleece.

Bear Paw Quilt Company has TONS of licensed fabrics- in cottons, flannels & fleeces---including Raiders Fabrics.
    the *guys* in my world love it when i put fleece backs on their quilts.
    I've purchased alot of college/school fabrics from bear paw over the years- they have decent prices, good customer service- i've had no issues with buying from them.
    http://www.bearpawquilting.com/cgi-bin/Store/store.cgi
    hiding away in my stash where i'm warm, safe and happy
    Colleen's custom quilting; longarm services and custom quilt commissions.