Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Help finding fans

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by clem55
    Sindy Rodenmayer has a really neat fan, no points, but handle and tassel, shown in Asian fabric. PM me if you need too.
    I just love her website. I hadn't even tried the ethnic button lately. www.fatcatpatterns.com is a great site for anyone to check out. I am doing the Halloween BOM, the Fiesta BOM and the cupcakes. I also plan to do the thimbles and spools for my sewing room. I just don't know how she comes up with such cute things all the time, but I'm sure glad she does.

Blog Entries
    I went to the quilt shop today and found almost exactly what I was hoping to find for the cherry blossom block. I picked up fat quarters for the fans and the area where I'll put the last name. I also found a great dress today. Tuesday must be my day to shop. Not much crowd today so I had lots of good help.

Blog Entries
    Why not use a beautiful Asian fabric, cut out the fan one solid piece, same for lower part of fan, and applique on? That would go fast for you, machine applique. Could use trim on edges to add detail.

MTS
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by clem55
    Why not use a beautiful Asian fabric, cut out the fan one solid piece, same for lower part of fan, and applique on? That would go fast for you, machine applique. Could use trim on edges to add detail.
    See the link in my first post upthread - that's what Susan Briscoe did, and I think with the right fabric, could be stunning, easy, and fast!
    http://www.susanbriscoe.co.uk/patterns/japan_fans.htm
    She used very subtle colors, but you can see the embellishments (simple cording, or even a satin stitch) on the fans - which look more like Japanese fans than a Dresden Plate would.

Pegleg, sounds like a part Dresden Plate is going to give the effect you're after.

My Fans quilt was done with curved piecing, which I find pretty quick to do, but can also be done with freezer paper applique. There's a larger version of it in my forthcoming book.

Blog Entries
    I'm just about done with my quilt for my nephew and his new bride. I got on and found a bamboo wall quilt hanger for it just now. Too late in the day to go get it. I found it at Ten Thousand Villages Store. They have a store in Newton, KS. It's just about 15 miles away. I'll call them tomorrow and hopefully they will have it in stock. I'll post my finished quilt for you all to see later.
    Thanks to you all that have helped me make decisions on this special quilt.
    Peggy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2