Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: HELP finding feather fabric

Blog Entries

HELP finding feather fabric

I am looking for a fabric to use in a heron applique and wanted something that sort of looks like feathers. I googled and searched and am finding lots of fabrics that have images of feathers etc. but not what I need. Has anyone ran across anything that might resemble a real feathery look in an off white to grayish? Thanks so very much.

Try equilter.com, and just put feathers in the search bar - lots of stuff comes up. hard to know if anything will work for you, but I see some possibiities there.

Also you might consider some grass type fabrics in greyed tones

cjr
    I have a pattern making feathers that get appliqued onto your quilt. They are eagle feathers, but technique would work for other birds. if you are interested pm me
    www.etsy.com/shop/quiltinglycaroline

fabric.com brought up over 400 fabrics when I searched for feather. you should be able to find at least one or two fabrics that meet your needs.

Try looking at Bali Pops in the colors you want, I think I saw some that would work.
    Kenmore 158 19131, Elna Transforma, Singer 99-23, Red Eye Treadle 66-1, 301, Free Number 5

Isn't there a Hoffman fabric that has peacock feathers in it - I mean the fabric itself has the feather veins and such in it - although this may not be the right kind of feathers.

Super Member just_the_scraps_m'am's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    i'm going to stick my neck out & say I think I know what you're looking for...the body of the bird, right? I have been sorting fabric for a few weeks now as I am getting back into sewing. I will contact you/post a pic if I find it! if it hasn't been cut into little squares....
    "variety is the spice of life"

Blog Entries
    Thanks everyone! I have looked and looked and today I was experimenting with off white fabric and different shades of gray crayons; I think I could get the results that I want that way. Going to post question to general main and see if anyone had done this and if it lasts.