Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Help Finding Pattern >

Help Finding Pattern

Help Finding Pattern

Old 03-20-2014, 08:09 AM

Default Help Finding Pattern

This quilt combines two elements that I totally like, Dresden Plates and S&W. It is posted under QuiltInspiration.blogspot.com. It is entitled Arizona--My Fair Lady by Peggy Nehring. It is so totally awesome. Sometime ago, I purchased fabric with something like this in mind and then I stumbled onto this. I am more than willing to pay for the pattern, but I can't find one. I have looked in books on Amazon, at least as far as you can. Any ideas as to where to go next would be totally appreciated. I have tried and tried to figure it out, but can't see all the quilt and as far as I can figure the rounds aren't concentric although appear to be, but the math won't work out, at least mine won't. Thanks.
Old 03-20-2014, 08:18 AM

I would try contacting www.quiltnsewconnection.com I am not positive but I think I saw something that she may a conneciton with them. I couldn't find a pattern but they may be able to tell you what book/pattern she took inspiration from.
Old 03-20-2014, 08:51 AM
Power Poster

Here is the quilt referred to - http://quiltinspiration.blogspot.com...show-2012.html

It's referred to as a ruffled Dresden. I'm not familiar with that term (ruffled). It is also done with stack-and-whack, which provides the lovely color bands within the fans.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by quiltstringz View Post
I would try contacting www.quiltnsewconnection.com I am not positive but I think I saw something that she may a conneciton with them. I couldn't find a pattern but they may be able to tell you what book/pattern she took inspiration from.
Thank you for the link. I have sent an e-mail and no response yet, but I am hopeful. Still trying to figure it out and while I have an idea, it will cover an elephant if I keep the same size blocks that I have figured. Must be missing something.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:53 AM
Power Poster

I worked up a similar quilt in EQ7. Some of the blocks would have white background instead of black, and this may not have been the layout of the entire quilt, but you can see it is made up of just 1/4 Dresden plates, put together much like a log cabin might be. My example doesn't use stack-n-whack, so it doesn't have the bands of color. I really like that quilt, glad you posted about it.
Attached Thumbnails dresden-block.jpg   dresden.jpg  
Old 03-20-2014, 10:11 AM

That is just stunning. Thank you for doing this. I am going to compare this to my draft and figure out where I went wrong!
Old 03-20-2014, 01:25 PM

You might want to contact the original poster of this thread. http://www.quiltingboard.com/search-...h-t243371.html

She made a S&W Dresden and she might be able to give you some directions.
Old 03-20-2014, 02:08 PM

Dunster - Thanks for posting that. I love this quilt and saved (hope that is ok) your eq drawing so I will have it when I get ready to do this.
Old 03-20-2014, 02:15 PM
Power Poster

there is not an actual 'commercial pattern' for that quilt- the person who made the quilt used her 'imagination' and creative vision and created it- using Dresden's and other features. it is an original design- not a commercial pattern anyone can purchase. if you love the quilt it's time for you to make your Dresden's and get creative- see what masterpiece you can come up with.
Old 03-21-2014, 07:03 AM

Does this look like the same pattern. Just happened to see it on Connecting Thread.

http://www.connectingthreads.com/too...___D81514.html

Says pattern is included.