Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Help with first time Machine quilter!

Quote Originally Posted by Holice View Post
    I would recommend caution buying the generic walking foot. I know it is less expensive but it is a case that "one size does not always fit all". There have been some recent posts about the lower price walking feet breaking etc and they don't always sew a good seam.....Just some warning. I don't want to dampen your enthusiasm but just a word of caution.
    I appreciate your words of caution; however, the walking foot made for my machine, and bought at a dealer, breaks consistently. The little arm that goes over the needle bar is plastic and eventually it wears out. I found one on line that has a metal arm. So, am giving that a try and so far so good. But, Holice, I always appreciate your comments and expertise.

Blog Entries
    check out Leah Day's web site; right now she's doing a weekly free quilt along...she'll teach you everything and all on a basic machine
    Judy

Blog Entries
    Thanks to all of you for the really great info. I want to learn the free motion quilting. Makes the quilt look great!
    Bonnie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2