Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Help on framing panels

I purchased some great civil war scene fabric panels (4 on a panel). I plan to make a couple of throw pillows to go with the quilt I made for my husband with 2 of them. But, I'd like to quilt on and then frame 2 of the panels to hang on the wall. Any ideas on the best method?

Jenni

Blog Entries
    Maybe put in small hoop and quilt. I would take them to a frame shop and have them customed framed. They can really help you to display them. I've seen some really cool framing. At least check it out.

you can measure the panal you want to use then make blocks to go around it like i did with the Amazing Grace quilt, or you can make plain borders and just add strips to both sides then top and bottom. i use panals just as if they are any other main focus fabric. your project, time to get creative! :thumbup:

i pledge allegence panal quilt
    Name:  Attachment-118217.jpe
Views: 18
Size:  66.1 KB

amazing grace panal quilt
    Name:  Attachment-118218.jpe
Views: 16
Size:  68.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by ckcowl
    you can measure the panal you want to use then make blocks to go around it like i did with the Amazing Grace quilt, or you can make plain borders and just add strips to both sides then top and bottom. i use panals just as if they are any other main focus fabric. your project, time to get creative! :thumbup:
    Beautiful work!

Quote Originally Posted by erstan947
    Maybe put in small hoop and quilt. I would take them to a frame shop and have them customed framed. They can really help you to display them. I've seen some really cool framing. At least check it out.
    I like that idea. I thought about doing some simple quilting on the panels, just wasn't sure about the framing. I want sort of old looking frames. Thanks for the tip.