Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Help: Have Fabric can't decide what pattern

Hello, I have had this cute spring fabric for a long time. I want to make something out of it and use the leftovers for purses.

I was kind of thinking a carpenter star. The yellow on the left is what I was going to use for background.

But i am not completely sold on the idea. would love to hear some others. BUT I don't want to do a D9P or turning twenty or yellow brick road. I want something with a little challenge, but not impossible. :) I have included a pic of a carpenter star I like. I copied it in black and white so the colors wouldn't be distracting. i do this with a lot of patterns. Helps a bunch.

I am ironing and starching the fabric maybe it will talk to me. LOL

Thanks so much for the help!

yellow on left is for background
    Name:  Attachment-135169.jpe
Views: 34
Size:  61.9 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Blog Entries
    I really like yellow and blue anything. Go for it and keep us posted on your progress:)

Quote Originally Posted by knlsmith
    Hello, I have had this cute spring fabric for a long time. I want to make something out of it and use the leftovers for purses.

I was kind of thinking a carpenter star. The yellow on the left is what I was going to use for background.

But i am not completely sold on the idea. would love to hear some others. BUT I don't want to do a D9P or turning twenty or yellow brick road. I want something with a little challenge, but not impossible. :) I have included a pic of a carpenter star I like. I copied it in black and white so the colors wouldn't be distracting. i do this with a lot of patterns. Helps a bunch.

Here is a CW that I am currently working on. Like your pattern there are no y seams, which makes it much easier. Is your pattern a Marti Mitchell? I have found this to be going pretty smooth. You should give it a try. I am turning mine on point and working the pattern out to the four corners.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-96693-1.htm

I notice there are no y seams. Is this a Marri Mitchell pattern. I am working on one of her Carpenter Stars right now. See:
    I am ironing and starching the fabric maybe it will talk to me. LOL

Thanks so much for the help!

i love that pattern and the fabric is great

QuiltingHiker: Nope not Mart Mitchell, but I do have that one too, somewhere, I just had it out and now i can't find it. Story of my life. Any hoo, I like the center on this one.

These fabrics will look very nice together no matter what pattern you decide to use.

That's my problem, they are so cute together. Almost too cute. LOL

OOOO What about a Giant Dalhia???? Where can i get a pattern online as a download?? What do you think??

Does anyone know the yardage for it of each color?

Oh and is it Dalhia or Dahlia?

You will lose the effect of the large print in the pattern when you cut the pieces so maybe save it for a border. I do like your fabrics, have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by greensleeves
    You will lose the effect of the large print in the pattern when you cut the pieces so maybe save it for a border. I do like your fabrics, have fun.
    Yeah,,, i was just looking at that. Hmmm

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast