Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
HELP HELP >

HELP HELP

HELP HELP

Old 04-29-2011, 02:39 PM

I recently bought an old singer 15-91 is suppose to be ready to go but I cant get it to sew! When u thread it is it suppose to be tight? The thread does not pull easily like my other machine! 2. Do they have to be in a case or cabinet to run? It moves all over when Im trying to sew. I only got it to make 1 stitch! What am I doing wrong? I just got it Wed and only have 7 days to return! It didnt have a manual so we downloaded one in parts online. Has 100 pgs!
Thanks!
Old 04-29-2011, 04:01 PM

You can Google "singer 15-91 manual" and there is one available for you to read. I just checked but didn't actually read through it myself. Good luck.
Old 04-29-2011, 04:06 PM

I just got mine today and it isn't in a case. It sews but makes a "knocking" sound when it does. I'm thinking it's because it isn't in a base. It's just sitting on a folding table. Mine is making very pretty stitches though.

One thing I had to double check was the wheel inside the hand wheel was not tight. I tightened it up and she begin sewing away!

I was just searching for the owner's manual to read until I can buy one I'm watching on eBay.
Old 04-29-2011, 04:14 PM

If I'm correct, those needles thread from left to right and have a round shaft. If the thread is tight, try to loosen your top tension. Keep us updated! I want to help.
Tonnie
Old 04-29-2011, 05:24 PM

The needle threads right to left on the 15-91 not left to right. The flat side of the needle is inserted to the left.