Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Help! How do I quilt this?

I'd just go with a diagional stitch across the whole quilt.. maybe with a shiney silver thread.

Have you thought about hand-quilting it?

If you decide not to keep it, it is the appropriate colors to donate to here:
    http://www.qovf.org/
    "Some people have bunches of WIPs (works in progress) and UFOs (unfinished objects)....I prefer to think of them as PhDs (Projects Half Done)!!" ~Elena Boen
    "Just keep in mind that your function here is to have fun and not to be someone else's interior decorator! So ... go forth and have fun!" ~Krystyna
    I cannot count my day complete 'til needle, thread and fabric meet.

Blog Entries
    I think you have done a really nice job and it's very pretty. No idea on the quilting, other than doing cross-hatching as a couple of others have suggested.

Blog Entries
    I love it, send it to me, I will take it off your hands. It is beautiful and SID sounds great to me with variagated thread, red white & blue.
    Life is SEW great!!!!!!

I would let this quilt be part of my home. I realy like it!

Your quilt is beautiful. Sorry I am no help with the quilting.
    When you feel like you are drowning in life, don't worry---
    Your Lifeguard walks on water.

Pat M.

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    Whatever your reason for not liking the quilt may pass, but its a very pretty quilt.
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

I love using clear YLI Wonder Invisible Thread on the top and 50 weight DMC Machine Embroidery Thread in the bobbin. I never have to worry about matching colors.

Blog Entries
    This is a great quilt! I love the brightness, and the optical illusion of it. I would SID around each of the squares that surround each star. Do the red in red and the blue in blue. Where it overlaps the other color, just keep going! It will emphasize the illusion of the quilt, and might be enough with the stitching you have already planned around the stars and the stablizing you have already done to call it good.
    Debbie Dresser

Can I send you my address??? Your quilt is beautiful. Really like the colours - let's hope it grows on you. It truly is a lovely quilt. As for quilting, I would do simple quilting & when it comes to the binding, I would suggest a 2 piece binding(2 different colours) with the 1 piece wider than the other so you get a flange with a hint of colour(perhaps red) that would make it pop. Would perhaps take away from the white that you don't seem to like but I don't see it sooooo white. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by callen; 10-05-2012 at 06:09 AM.
    Dance like no one is watching

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast