Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Help! How do I quilt this?

QM
    I love it as it is.
    I use Thermore batting almost exclusively. It only needs quilting every 10". Seriously, even though it would mean lots of starts and stops, I would probably do stitch in the ditch in red on the red squares, blue on the 'ribbons', quilt a star in blue in the center of the stars and quilt a leaf or some such in the trapezoids and borders.

If you are considering doing this pattern again, since the white areas bother you, you could replace the trapezoids with a paler version of the star fabric color. Maybe do deep green stars, pale green trapezoids, burnt orange squares and gold ribbons, for a nice Fall effect.

If you are still unhappy with your quilt...I'll take it. lol It is beautiful!!!!!
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place...the End Times.

Heaven and Earth are full of His Glory!

I agree with the responders. It is gorgeous. Be sure to post the completed project.
    Alma
    Nami to 6

No offence, but I think you're crazy...your quilt is BEAUTIFUL!!!! Repeat after me......I will send this quilt to my quilt friend Wendy cuz I hate it and she loves it....CAPICHE?????

I really like it. I don't think its too white.

I know nothing about the quilting part of your question. I always send mine to a LAQ. However, I do really love your quilt! I love the pattern, the piecing, the colors, the whole nine yards! Good job and keep going to completion!

it's beautiful I really like it

I can't help with the quilting but I think it is lovely!

Too bad that you have already begun quilting it, I was going to suggest that if your would like to take some of the sharpness away from the colors, you could tea dy it to make it more civil war looking. That being said, I have to say that I really like it. If you are a straight line quilter, how about diagonal quilting at 3.5 intervals across the quilt maybe using a red variegated thread. I hope that you learn to like your quilt as you work on it.

Blog Entries
    I don't think you quilt is to bright at all, it is lovely. Sorry I have no suggestions on how to quilt. My hardest part of quilting.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 LastLast