Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Help - How to Re-line Vintage Sewing Basket with padded inner lid!!

Help - How to Re-line Vintage Sewing Basket with padded inner lid!!

Hi everyone

(Firstly apols for adding this thread to the main quilting thread - wasn't sure where to put it)

Well, Im in a quandry......I bagged a lovely 1950s sewing basket, the woven plastic on wood type (a bit like lloyd loom) iykwim?

It is gorgeous on the outside, lovely primrose yellow & white.........the inside is not so lovely. It is lined in yellow satinand the inside of the lid has a padded lining with studs on one side and then pleated fabric on the other.

Anyone know how to make the padded/studded part in the lid.

I have trawled e-how but no joy re the padded part.

All suggestions welcome.

a picture might help, but my idea was why not take the offending parts off, and use them as a pattern to recreate some nice liners. (take a picture first in case you don't remember how things went together in the first place.) as you disassemble, take note as to what went where and how.

Blog Entries
    The upholstery term you are looking for is "tufted" not studded. Look for instructions on making a "Tufted Headboard" and use the original as a pattern.
    "I do not understand how anyone can live without one small place of enchantment to turn to."
    Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings