Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Help! How to use timtex?

About a year ago I made some fabric bowls using Timtex two-sided fusible interfacing for stability. I have a lot of Timtex left over and now I want to make more bowls and I don't have any directions for using the Timtex. I have to fuse it to a 4"square of material and then fuse that to another fabric piece but I don't remember how to keep the sticky side from sticking to the ironing surface (since it has two sticky sides). There is a clear plastic sheet that is rolled in with the Timtex. Can anyone help me? Thanks

Sorry I haven't tried the bowls so can't help with that but you might try freezer paper or wax paper anything to go between the iron and the timtex

Banned

Thanks for the help. I went there but they use only one sided fusible. Maybe I should switch to one sided. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Holice

Sounds like a plan - if I can't figure out anything else I might try that. Thanks a lot for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by texas granny
    Sorry I haven't tried the bowls so can't help with that but you might try freezer paper or wax paper anything to go between the iron and the timtex

since it is such a small piece can't you put the other fabric on the other side before you iron it? Like a sandwich?

When you make these bowls you need to fuse one base on one side of the large piece and theother base on the other side - so I don't think that would work - thanks for your help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Up North
    since it is such a small piece can't you put the other fabric on the other side before you iron it? Like a sandwich?