Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Help... how would you quilt this?? >

Help... how would you quilt this??

Help... how would you quilt this??

Old 10-19-2015, 07:33 PM

I like Tartan's suggestion; and there are so many possibilities for the space available in the tan color. What an exciting project. You can do just about anything you want with it. I'll be you could do horseshoes, connected with squiggily lines and fmg till your hearts content. Just put it under the needle and have fun, it will come to you as you go along. I would definitely do the frame and outline the center panel sections. (horses, flowers, trees, branches, etc) I know you can do it, just jump in there and get going.
Old 10-19-2015, 08:14 PM

the only other suggestion I would have is maybe where the water is some wavey lines suggesting water motion and a few ripples type of rings where the horse is drinking.
Old 10-20-2015, 02:09 PM

Your quilt is just beautiful, and I bet it will look good however you quilt it! I have no advice on the actual quilting design, just had to tell you how much I like your quilt.

I did, however, just recently quilt my first king-sized quilt and I found several good videos online about how to handle the actual size. You might want to google and see if you find them. The best advice I saw/got was to just concentrate on a small space at once and to be sure to support the quilt well so it doesn't shift. I found that putting my ironing board perpendicular to the left of the sewing machine and at the height of my sewing table really helped.

I was really pleased and surprised at my results. Hope you are the same.

Again, great quilt!

Dina