Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Help! I am soooooooo slow

Blog Entries
    I am envious of all of you who whip out projects so quickly.
    Am I the only one that takes days, months, and years to finish what I start. The piecing is not a problem or the putting together the tops...but then I get bogged down. Any quick fixes?
    Thanks for listening.
    Susan

Welcome to the club. I have a nice selection of tops waiting to be quilted, so obviously I have no advice.

Dear Susan,
    I love to piece patterns, play with colors and shapes and it is easy for me. When it comes to the quilting part I have only done stitch in the ditch, which works well for me. Would love to learn free motion quilting someday. Have you tried stitch in the ditch? Kitsy Keel Smith

I am slow. I cut slow, I piece slow, I Fmq slow...no peddle to the metal for me. I set no deadlines so I don't have to rush. Any other way would take the fun out of it for me.

Super Member I go To The Sea To Breathe's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think we are twins. Sounds just likwe me...

I have 7 quilt tops that were sewn a couple of months ago. So much time doing other projects that they sit waiting to be lined, backed, tacked, and binded. What can I say....... you have to be in the "mood" to do any crafting including quilting or mistakes are almost a guarantee. Enjoy your quilting when you're in the mood and it will go well.

Nothing wrong with enjoying the fun part, but better when finished and you get to do the Happy Dance !!

Good thing I don't care to Dance :)

No advice here as I have 3 or 4 tops done that need to be finished. This site is bad for me as I keep reading about different quilting methods e.g. tube quilting that I will be trying out next

I've resolved myself to the fact that I will have a bunch of quilt tops only. Unless I totally love it or it's a gift, I would rather make tops which is what I love to do. With fabric getting so expensive, I much rather spend it on fun fabrics and not the backing.

I'm slow, but I work full time also so hard to squeeze alot of quilting in on work days. I usually have 1 1/2 days a week to play. I wish I had more time. I think I spend way too much time trying to figure out what to do next. I just hate the thought of cutting fabric up and then deciding I don't like it.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast