Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: help i have too much fleece

Blog Entries
    i went crazy and bought ALOT of remnent pieces of fleece....any ideas what i can do with them except no sew blankets.....
    thanks

Blog Entries
    hats and scarves

You can use them as a substitute for batting. Just sandwich them like you would a batting.

Square up a piece about 6" longer than you actually want for a blanket. Cut a 3" square from each corner. Fold each edge in 1 1/2" and seam 1 1/4" from the folded edge. Make 1" cuts ever 1/2" all the way around your blanket. With your fingers or a large crochet hook start with one loop and pull the next one through it. Do this all the way around the blanket until you come to the last loop. Cut it through the middle or on either side, loop it through your first loop then hand stitch it back together. This will give you a fleece blanket with a beautiful "braided" looking edge. Kids seem to love them like this. You can do the same with smaller left over squares. When the stitching is done and the loops are cut, put two together and crochet one loop from one side with a loop from the other piece until you reach the fourth side. Put a pillow form in and finish the last side. Now you have a matching blanket and small pillow---absolutely wonderful for traveling. I almost forgot, when stitching down the edges use a bit of a zigzag or other stretchable stitch.

I make double layer reversible fleece mitts by the dozens. They wash and wear well and are warmer than knitted mitts. Sometimes I knit the outside layer and just make an inner layer of the fleece. Timberlane Press has the best pattern ($6) in multiple sizes for fleece mittens and if they are cut out, I can stitch a pair in about an hour. I often make them scrappy so even the smaller pieces of fleece can be used. I always make a bunch to leave with our child and youth worker to give out at the school to those needing mitts or a little something to show someone cares.

Sock slippers. Really post toasty warm.

I LOVE the fleece slipper socks!

Patch jackets or cut and sew to a sweatshirt for a nice warm jacket....
    ConnieF

Blog Entries
    I have this super quick and easy slipper sock pattern. Makes a pair in less than 1/2 hour. I sew a square of suede to the bottom at the ball of the foot so the don't slip. This year I got fancy and made hearts and stars on the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by raptureready
    You can use them as a substitute for batting. Just sandwich them like you would a batting.

Square up a piece about 6" longer than you actually want for a blanket. Cut a 3" square from each corner. Fold each edge in 1 1/2" and seam 1 1/4" from the folded edge. Make 1" cuts ever 1/2" all the way around your blanket. With your fingers or a large crochet hook start with one loop and pull the next one through it. Do this all the way around the blanket until you come to the last loop. Cut it through the middle or on either side, loop it through your first loop then hand stitch it back together. This will give you a fleece blanket with a beautiful "braided" looking edge. Kids seem to love them like this. You can do the same with smaller left over squares. When the stitching is done and the loops are cut, put two together and crochet one loop from one side with a loop from the other piece until you reach the fourth side. Put a pillow form in and finish the last side. Now you have a matching blanket and small pillow---absolutely wonderful for traveling. I almost forgot, when stitching down the edges use a bit of a zigzag or other stretchable stitch.
    Can you do a pictorial tute on this technique? I think I get it and see many possibilities for the technique but pictures would be wonderful!

Do you know where I can find a pattern for the slipper socks like the ones you make?
    Quote Originally Posted by hobo2000
    I have this super quick and easy slipper sock pattern. Makes a pair in less than 1/2 hour. I sew a square of suede to the bottom at the ball of the foot so the don't slip. This year I got fancy and made hearts and stars on the bottom.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast