Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Help!! I know I'm not crazy -- this time!

I hope some one can help me with this one - there was an episode of Simply Quilts where they did a large monogram and outlined the letter with bias tape, remember?? That's the easy part...
    They made the bias by sewing a 1" strip of fabric with a bar-tool-won't-melt-kind-of-thing inside that they could rotate then iron over and press the seam open under the bias so it didnt' involve 3 or 4 folds and steamed cuticles, then move it down as you ironed - if I remember correctly.
    Does anyone know what that bar-tool-won't melt-kind-of-thing was called or where to get one???

They are called bias bars(I do alot of this type of quilting) I have them in all sizes. Joanns usually carries them, I bought mine from my local quilt store and I know there are alot of internet sites that carry them. Like Clotildes, Connecting Threads......

Hope this helps. Tricia

I saw that episode and was inspired. I got mine at Ben Franklin for $5.00. They are Nylon made by W H Collins, Inc, Whippany, NJ 07981

Mine are metal and if I remember, there are 3 or 4 in a pkg--all different sizes. I got m,ine at the quilt store. JoAnnes is on the other side of town and I didn't have time to get over there, and back to the quilt shop if they didn't have them. anyway they were $10.00 I used them on strips for the woven basets to be on my pansy quilt. They work really well.