Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Help! I need a black/red/white twin quilt pattern.

Help! I need a black/red/white twin quilt pattern.

I need a twin size pattern for my soon-to-be 16 year old granddaughter and I've been going through all my books and magazines til I'm now totally confused and unsure what to do. I've been quilting about 2 years now and feel comfortable with easy to moderate patterns. This quilting board is fantastic and I will be so grateful for any help I can get with ideas. I think I have more trouble choosing patterns than actually making the quilt! Thank you in advance!!!
    ShirleyD

Shirely, I made a red, white and black quilt: Wishing I Could Quit Work and Quilt Full Time!. The info on the pattern is posted on page 9 of this thread. You could make this any size you wish. Hope this helps.
    1951 Singer 301A - "Jean"
    1958 Singer Featherweight - "Verna"
    2009 Janome 4100QDC - Nameless

http://www.black-cat-creations.com/i...ils.php?id=191

I made the Big Block Quilt by Black Cat Creations, however I inverted the colors. I did red and white instead of black and white and used black sashing. Good luck!!!

Name:  Quilt Top small.JPG
Views: 2293
Size:  52.2 KB

Blog Entries
    You could do a three-color rail fence or a Disappearing 9-patch. I bet that would be stunning and sooooo easy.
    Martina
    Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Fabric!

Here is a photo of the black, white and red quilt I made for one of my granddaughters. May in Jersey
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by May in Jersey; 02-17-2012 at 11:28 AM.

Times Three would be fun in those colors.

The tube quilts from Missouri Star Quilt Co. would make up great in red/black/white. You could play with a number of layout options depending on where you put which color for the strips. If you do a search on this board for tube quilts you'll see lots options for playing with the pattern.
    http://www.youtube.com/v/vOWSp0mTTqE?autoplay=1
    http://www.youtube.com/v/J5WgTyqB8Pc?autoplay=1
    Remember the teakettle...it is always up to its neck in hot water, yet it still sings!

A Proper Tea is much nicer than a Very Nearly Tea, which is one you forget about afterwards. ~ Winnie the Pooh (A.A. Milne)

Quote Originally Posted by Canada Kate View Post
    Shirely, I made a red, white and black quilt: Wishing I Could Quit Work and Quilt Full Time!. The info on the pattern is posted on page 9 of this thread. You could make this any size you wish. Hope this helps.
    All your quilts are beautiful and I really like the first and second pictures as good ones for red, white, and black. I'll see if I can find the pattern you referred to. Thanks so much!
    ShirleyD

Quote Originally Posted by May in Jersey View Post
    Here is a photo of the black, white and red quilt I made for one of my granddaughters. May in Jersey
    That's beautiful! Is there a name for the pattern? Thanks for sending the picture.
    ShirleyD

Teacup: I watched the youtube tutorial on tube quilts and that's awesome! Beautiful arrangements on something that looks so easy. That's what I like - easy to do but look hard! Thanks!!
    ShirleyD

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast