Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
help I need to get motivated..... >

help I need to get motivated.....

help I need to get motivated.....

Old 09-28-2009, 05:16 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by tarib
I STARTED SEWING TODAY. I think I know what my problem was/is. I love the idea of the double irish chain, I think I'm not loving the colors I picked. This is for my mother and her colors are very 70's (gold's, browns, some blue). My friend helped me pick the fabric, and I didn't know about them, but I have to use them. Hopefully when I get it put together I will like it. I know my mom will love it no matter what, so at least I don't have to worry about that. I will post some pictures when I get some of it done.
I have a feeling that this project will grow on you.
When I started building my stash, I kind of avoided certain colors, or values, thinking they were too dull, etc. and I do have my favorites.
As I went along though, and especially when I see what others come up with on here...I have expanded in my tastes.
You will know, that your mom is going to love it, and it will spur you on.
Take control of that fabric, and be the boss...instead of passively letting it zap your quilting energy. (this is the pep talk I just finished giving myself :wink: ) You go girl, woo hoo. we'll make it...literally, lol! :lol:
Old 09-28-2009, 05:22 AM

thanks
Old 09-28-2009, 10:42 AM

I worked for 4 hours today. I finished 8 squares of my double Irish chain. I decided to stop while I was ahead, (I didn't have to rip out one seam) all of the corners matched, well a couple may have been off just a hair, but not enough to rip and change. I need to read the directions some more before I go on ( how to do the next square). But a good start and hopefully just enough to get the sewing bug again. Thanks for all the great ideas on how to get started again. I guess I just needed a rainy day, and a day off from work. :-)
Old 09-28-2009, 06:39 PM
Power Poster

I worked for 4 hours today. I finished 8 squares of my double Irish chain. I decided to stop while I was ahead, (I didn't have to rip out one seam) all of the corners matched, well a couple may have been off just a hair, but not enough to rip and change. I need to read the directions some more before I go on ( how to do the next square). But a good start and hopefully just enough to get the sewing bug again. Thanks for all the great ideas on how to get started again. I guess I just needed a rainy day, and a day off from work. :-)
"here comes that rainy day feeling again..." :D
sounds like you had a very productive day.
Next time I get good and stuck, I'm gonna borrow your sewing bug, lol :wink:
Old 09-28-2009, 07:42 PM

1- LEAVE THE COMPUTER

2-LEAVE THE TV

3-TAKE NOT 2 MUCH TIME AND THINK IS THIS BATTERN WHICH U LIKE TO DO? YES NO

4-EVEN IF U HAVE EVERY THING READY LEAV IT TO ANOTHER TIME

5-DO WHATEVER U LIKE. THE SIZE U FIND U WOULD FINIS

MAYBE U R NOT IN THE MOOD 4 THAT BUT THIS

GOOD LUCK
Old 09-28-2009, 08:05 PM

I totally understand that feeling of "blah" when you're working with colours you don't usually pick because it's for someone else. But the last time I did it, I pulled the finished quilt off the frame to bind it, threw it across my couch, and nearly fell over from the shock of how good it looked. Up until the point it was done I was really unenthusiastic, but seeing it finished I soooo didn't want to give it up.

I do the "one block" thing too.... I'll go into my room thinking I'll just do one block. That way it doesn't seem such a huge task.

:-)

Old 09-29-2009, 07:44 AM

I have material cut to make a lap quilt (double irish chain) for my mom for Christmas, but can't seem to get myself going to start sewing. MOTIVATE ME.....I know once I get going there will be no stopping me, but I just can't seem to find the time. I know, I should get off the computer :D I guess I just feel I need a whole day or it's hardly worth getting started. Anybody else have that problem, and what do you do to get moving?

I sew something I'd rather be sewing on:)