Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Help! I need to know what this means. >

Help! I need to know what this means.

Help! I need to know what this means.

Old 07-03-2008, 02:16 PM

I bought a kit on a recent trip and I guess part of the directions are missing. I have contacted the store that I bought it from and called but they have yet to respond.(They put the kit together.) In the description of the quilt on the web page it says this is a multi level quilt. The outer parts border is basic quilt squares but the center is a lot of random pieces. So I don't know if I have to wing it and make up something or what. This is where I"m not sure if this what they mean by multi level. If anybody knows please respond.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-44013.jpe  
Old 07-03-2008, 02:38 PM

I've never heard of "multi level" quilts. Maybe they mean that the outside is for a beginning level quilter & the center is for an intermediate level? It does look like the center has a definite pattern behind the applique...I hope they do get back to you on it. Good luck!
Old 07-03-2008, 04:17 PM

I am guessing it means the techniques range in levels of difficulty. That is a cool quilt!! Hopefully the shop will get back to you soon cause I cant wait to see Pics of it!!!
Old 07-03-2008, 05:30 PM
Banned

Maybe it just means multi-layer? Like applique on top of the pieced blocks in the center part?
Old 07-03-2008, 09:09 PM

By me reading your post...
I would say that the borders are instructions and the other is your choice to get the fabric/blocks to size...
Your choice.
Could you post the pattern name and site and maybe we could help that way.
K
Old 07-03-2008, 10:56 PM

Hi Debbie, Love your Blue Bonnet avatar.

They use this term in England a lot. It does mean different levels of skills, i.e., from beginner to someone who has quilted for some time.

Melissa you guessed good girl.... :D

Good luck with your quilt. Elle
Old 07-04-2008, 08:49 AM

This quilt or banner is called "Texas Quilt 2008". The blocks were taken from the Blue Bonnet Shop Hop Quilt 2008. The center is the design of the quilt shop owner. The Texas outline is from a pattern for the banner but the outer borders are not the same as pic showed they are solid strips. I bought this at Creative Sewing Center in San Antonio, Tx. Their web site is www.creativesewingonline.com. This is kinda hard to find on their site, you have to type in Texas Quilt 2008. The Texas outline is made by using a material called Steam 2 a Seam. It's like Wonder under. It is cut out and you have this shape to fit over the center block. I have finished all the outer borders and I guess I'm going to start working on the center with paper to see what I can come up with. At least I do know how to sew and I'm pretty artistic but I sure would feel sorry for a novice. They would be totally lost. This reminds me of the fancy party dress I made for my daughter many years ago. It had rows of ruffles from the waist down. When it came time to put the zipper in there was no way you could sew it on the machine. It had to be sewn in by hand but the pattern company never tells you these things. Everybody have a happy 4th of July. Got to go cook. Deb and thanks I dearly love bluebonnets and anything Texas.
Old 07-04-2008, 10:48 AM

Well I googled, I asked Jeeves, I yelled Yahoo while I searched. I didn't find any references to a multi level quilt. So, I'm thinking what the others have mentioned may be it...the different skill level thing. Please keep us updated though. It really is a beautiful quilt!!