Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Help! I think I need an intervention!

You can over come........go to the fabric stores......there is an art to fondling fabric! Touch it, stroke it, make believe it is yours and walk out with a smile on your face and your money in your pocket! Just think the next shop might have just what you are looking for at a really reduced rate! Yeah right......roflmao!
    Blessed are they that can laugh at themselves, For they shall never cease to be amused.

http://quiltsnmore.webs.com

There is a bright side... At the cash register, they hand you a receipt that says you spent $170, but you saved $250. To save more than I spend is my goal.

Contact Harrishs on this board, she has an extremely large stash and is wanting to sell for very reasonable prices.

Blog Entries
    It is truly a"QUILTER'S DISEASE" and there is no known cure. Rest assured, it is not fatal, just costly !

If...and I say, "if", you REALLY need and intervention....you don't need to talk to a quilter, honey! You need to talk to your husband (assuming you are married) or one of your other non-quilting friends or relatives, or your priest or minister, .......OR just accept this as one of the many anomilies associated with all quilters and lay out a set of rules for buying (which you will break) and punish yourself when you break them (keep a couple of pkgs of chocolate in the back of the closet) and then "quilt, baby, quilt!" to resolve your guilt! LOL!

Blog Entries
    I now have 14 sewing machines and rooms of fabric. I show you how to power shop! LOL

I think this is a good addiction:
    1. fabric doesn't impair your driving ability
    2. it's not like a drug that you take
    3. it doesn't make you fat
    4. I look at fabric as potential creativity and a source of beauty and satisfaction

I embrace my addiction and husby lets me be.

Really?! You came here for help... LOL. I had to hide that 4th machine (Baby Lock CoverStitch) from DH. When I finally fessed up after a few months, he expressed relief. He told me he had bought himself a new set of golf clubs but didn't want to tell me Hey, we all have our 'thing' - mine's fabric.
    Shannon

I am afraid we are all wolves in sheep's clothing when it comes to buying fabric. You could do much, much worse than spending your hardearned cash on your stash.

I used to do that a lot. But for some reason I have stopped. I used to rush out when Fabricland in Canada had their buy 1 get 3 sales. But most of that fabric just sat in my stash. So now I just buy fabric that I have a specific use for and a little of the "it is just nice".

I still have tons of fabric and I am sure I could sew for the rest of my life and never use it up.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 LastLast