Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Help - I think I've lost my MoJO! >

Help - I think I've lost my MoJO!

Help - I think I've lost my MoJO!

Old 04-06-2013, 03:08 PM

yepper, i should finish what i am working on now, but it has been fighting me the whole way even getting the thread i ran out of. hopefully i can get it this weekend, i have to wait for dh to take me since my eye site is no longer good enouh to drive.i just can't get the ooph to get this done. I have concluded that the sun and moon and all other things in the universe needs to come together then maybe then, as you say mojo may return.good luck to you. I see we are in fine company.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:36 AM

After our move in November, I was supposed to get my quilting room. It is now April and I have no room to work in. My room still has not been built (we are remodeling a humungous living room area into my sewing room) I put my fabrics away in June of 2012. It is almost one year. My mojo is not working. I go through fits and starts and cannot get it together since I don't feel like I have a room that is mine. I am beginning to get resentful and very unhappy since it seems that I got slighted when we moved.
Old 04-08-2013, 05:00 PM

When I'm not in the mood to quilt, I start cleaning up my room, put everything away and get things organized. That way when I am ready to sew I can just sew and not have to worry about a messy room then!
Old 04-22-2013, 03:03 PM

Have still not regained my mojo, my back,groin,hip,knee and both ankles have all joined up in the Let's make this persons life hell.
I can hardly walk now and as for lifting my foot to foot on the sewing machine peddle that's a no go with left or right foot.
We are coming into winter which is a time I love to sew. Forgive me I must not complain as there are thousands of people who are really really ill
Take care god bless you all.
I try and make reading this board last a morning
Dale aka Kamaia Rigby who is my beautiful grand daughter
Old 04-22-2013, 07:03 PM

Rigby: Really sorry to hear of your disability. Is there anything a doctor can do? I know some of us reach a time when we can no longer pursue our hobby, but this sounds sudden. You need to seek medical assistance to get help if possible. Best of luck. My heart would be broken if I could no longer quilt.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:16 PM

I am having the same problem. When I feel like going back to sewing I will. This is supposed to be fun, when you want to go back to quilting you will. It's been a very,very long winter here, too. I'm in MN and had a snow storm today. I think we just want spring to come and go outside. Quilting will be there when you want to return to it. Don't force it.
Old 04-23-2013, 05:21 AM

Well I completely missed this thread when I posted one yesterday with the same title! For me I have been in a total funk for about a month now. I think I have narrowed it down to 2 basic problems. 1. I am working on a quilt I really don't like....browns. and 2. I am impatient for my grandchild to be born......#2 is no longer a worry she came last night after nearly 40 hours of labor! 6lbs10oz, 19 inches long. Too bad I am in Mississippi and she is in Seattle, Washington! Since I am not retired I cannot just pick up and go any time. Now maybe I can get back to it and finish some of the things I have started.
Old 04-25-2013, 01:31 AM

Sometimes I feel like this. Or I don't know what to quilt. Either too many ideas or none. I have a small box inside I occasionally place a small piece of paper with a mag or book title and page of a quilt or something I would like to make. I donot look in the ox shake and pick one out. I then have to search and find , find fabric by then I already to go.
Old 04-25-2013, 01:57 AM

Just knit or crochet or what ever. Make a nice sweater. The quilting will come back. I was out of it all winter. Did lots of other stuff, but now it's back and feels great.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:53 PM

OMG, You just put into words exactly what I feel. Only difference, is I went from Florida to Kentucky. I really want to go home. Hope my mojo returns soon. I have a queen size quilt on my bed that needs to be finished! PS, I got a new puppy to help chase away the winter blues. (Where the heck is the SUN!!)
Originally Posted by Cybrarian View Post
Mojo hibernates everywhere, but I do have an experience that might sound familiar. I live in central Florida on the Gulf- Tampa Bay area- y'all come! Anyway we used to live in Louisville, Ky. From January to April it was a slug fest just to keep going. I wasn't a quilter then, maybe it would have helped, but the grayness of the days in the Ohio valley were the culprit. The first year here it was February when I realized how different I felt. It was the sun. Even being in school for much of the day there was still plenty of Sun. Now those of us in Florida will tell you Feb. to March is the toughest stretch of the school year, but it is easier without long periods of gray days. So maybe one of those light lamps that provide what the sun does and some beach or Caribbean music would help our northern quilting friends. I do hit slumps there are many reasons it happens, but they pass and I know it's not the Gray days.

Last edited by Judith1005; 04-26-2013 at 12:55 PM.